Attention to detail in Model 3

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
As I mentioned before in our video, Tesla spent an enormous amount of time on the details in this car. And nowhere is it more apparent than them sneaking in the old Model 3 logo into all sorts of places in the car. I went on a Easter egg hunt and found a few of them. I'm sure there are more...

screen-shot-2017-10-30-at-12-10-32-pm-png.3911
screen-shot-2017-10-30-at-12-11-41-pm-png.3912
screen-shot-2017-10-30-at-12-14-40-pm-png.3913
screen-shot-2017-10-30-at-12-17-47-pm-png.3914
model-3-computer-4-jpg.3915
body-structure-4-png.3916

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@TrevP

Unrelated question -- why is there a Tesla logo in the carpet of the frunk?

Is that part of the carpet or was something with the logo resting on the carpet?

BluestarE3

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I wonder if Tesla did that to "get back" at Adidas for making them drop the 3 horizontal bars as the Model 3's logo or if these finishing touches had been planned all along? I'm inclined to think it's the latter and Adidas didn't (can't) object to their use in such innocuous locations throughout the car because they're not deemed to be public-facing symbols used to represent or identify the car.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@TrevP

Unrelated question -- why is there a Tesla logo in the carpet of the frunk?

Is that part of the carpet or was something with the logo resting on the carpet?
others have said it's a vacuum stencil some of the delivery center's do (note to self - make a stencil to vacuum tesla logo(s) into the carpet)

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
others have said it's a vacuum stencil some of the delivery center's do (note to self - make a stencil to vacuum tesla logo(s) into the carpet)
I had never considered a stencil for vacuuming a pattern into the carpet. I love it!

I'm going to have to do that now too. The kids will love it.

Frank99

Model 3 owner since May 3, 2018
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I wonder if Tesla did that to...
I have no inside knowledge, but I would guess that all those pieces were designed and sent to suppliers for build BEFORE the logo got cancelled.
As an example, the three bars in the floor would be part of the stamping master - a multi-ton piece of steel that was likely getting milled out when the logo was cancelled. Can't very well call up and say "Hey, throw that away and we'll have a new design for you on Tuesday".
Remember that the Adidas controversy came up in Feb of this year - when Tesla was starting the build of RC's.

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have no inside knowledge, but I would guess that all those pieces were designed and sent to suppliers for build BEFORE the logo got cancelled.
As an example, the three bars in the floor would be part of the stamping master - a multi-ton piece of steel that was likely getting milled out when the logo was cancelled. Can't very well call up and say "Hey, throw that away and we'll have a new design for you on Tuesday".
Remember that the Adidas controversy came up in Feb of this year - when Tesla was starting the build of RC's.
That’s correct

MGallo

J.A.R.V.I.S. is awesome!
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Not sure where else to post this. Trevor MELINDA if there is a better forum, please move it.

Does anybody know of a closeup picture of the dash from the top? I noticed this in SN# 626 at the Dublin, CA store yesterday and I can't tell if it is supposed to be this way, or if it's comin apart. The last picture without the windshield glare is a different car, and you can only see one side with notches. Could just be the angle.

Attachments

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Not sure where else to post this. Trevor MELINDA if there is a better forum, please move it.

Does anybody know of a closeup picture of the dash from the top? I noticed this in SN# 626 at the Dublin, CA store yesterday and I can't tell if it is supposed to be this way, or if it's comin apart. The last picture without the windshield glare is a different car, and you can only see one side with notches. Could just be the angle.
That's how it's supposed to be, it's part of the new HVAC system! If you watch Trev and Ken's Model 3 in depth review video, they do a great job of explaining it.