Attending Fully Charged Austin - Feb. 1 & 2, 2020

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Quicksilver

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
All, just wondering how many on this forum plan on going to Fully Charged in Austin. I think it will be a good show. Wondering if there will be P3D running the track there that I can get a ride in :p. Myself and a couple of friends plan to attend, barring any unforeseen circumstances or a blizzard hitting TX like Snowmageddon that occurred in 2011. Anyone in our NTX group planning to attend? @GDN , @LUXMAN, etc...

screen-shot-2019-10-15-at-9-09-40-pm-png.29893

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Interesting - this is the first I've heard of this event. Glad to see COA embracing this.

The timing of you posting this is very coincidental especially since you note you want a ride around the track. Just today in the "I spotted a Model 3" Facebook group a user posted pics of them on the COA track at Austin. I inquired about the event. Texas Motor Speedway in Ft Worth won't allow a Tesla on the track. They claim they don't know how to deal with an EV fire. I truly figured TMS is too heavily supported by the ICE fans.

COA is having another track event soon, the events are run by Edge Addicts, so will have to investigate them. I don't know that I want on the COA track, but I would like on an oval or runway.

Gunn

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
@Quicksilver I plan on attending and will be attempting a road trip from LA to get there (crazy right?!?)

It'll be cool to have all the Tesla clubs in the US at least get a few member to attend, I plan on talking to my club about either a joint road trip or at least see how many members are willing to go.

Quicksilver

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
@Quicksilver I plan on attending and will be attempting a road trip from LA to get there (crazy right?!?)

It'll be cool to have all the Tesla clubs in the US at least get a few member to attend, I plan on talking to my club about either a joint road trip or at least see how many members are willing to go.
@Gunn Wow! All the way from LA! Yes, should be fun. Looking forward to meet up if you make it. We already booked hotel rooms and looking forward to it. Hoping to see a few more folks from Dallas/Ft Worth area attend.

Gunn

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
@Gunn Wow! All the way from LA! Yes, should be fun. Looking forward to meet up if you make it. We already booked hotel rooms and looking forward to it. Hoping to see a few more folks from Dallas/Ft Worth area attend.
Speaking of hotel rooms and not being from the area, which hotel/s would you recommend?
I've been doing searches for those that have EV chargers or are near a supercharger. All that I have found are either in the heart of Austin or far away from the event.

If a group of us are going to attend, we may be able to get a group discount...

Quicksilver

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Speaking of hotel rooms and not being from the area, which hotel/s would you recommend?
I've been doing searches for those that have EV chargers or are near a supercharger. All that I have found are either in the heart of Austin or far away from the event.

If a group of us are going to attend, we may be able to get a group discount...
Yes, destination chargers and Superchargers looks to be clustered near the center of Austin. Our plan was to top off once we arrive in town at one of the two superchargers so we don’t have to charge at a hotel. We’re staying at the Hilton Home 2 Suites about 8 miles from the track. Link below... there are several hotels in that area
https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/ausaiht-home2-suites-austin-airport/?SEO_id=GMB-HT-AUSAIHT

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
@Quicksilver I have seen the event posted and would love to go. But I have already planned and paid for a trip to the islands. :cool:. Ill be toasty warm I hope. I will look for you in the news highlights online so try to insert yourself into the line of sight of the Fully Charged cameras :p

Last edited:

Quicksilver

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
@Quicksilver I have seen the even posted and would love to go. But I have already planned and paid for a trip to the islands. :cool:. Ill be toasty warm I hope. I will look for you in the news highlights online so try to insert yourself into the line of sight of the Fully Charged cameras :p
Haha! I would love to be in the island too!...but hopefully, the weather for Fully Charged Live will be great.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
We are not. I do want to make a trip to Austin though one day when they open the F1 track again. Would prefer an oval, but TMS in Dallas has their head in the mud and won't allow an EV on the track.

Gunn

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I have had to bow out of going, would have loved to do a road trip from LA but it wasn't in the cards. (And no, I can't afford to fly either)

For those attending, HF and post pictures/video's :)