Ars Technica's report back from the forum

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Ars Technica reports back on findings from the forum. It's a little glum and gets some facts wrong. I can see why Tesla doesn't want news getting out so early on.
My worry here is that the car is absolutely not done from a UI/UX perspective as far as the screen and steering wheel controls are concerned and it’s blatantly obvious. Anyone reading that will be fearful that this is an expensive car missing bizarre features that we all know it’s not missing. Articles like this can scare away future buyers. The only saving grace is that future buyers throwing down $1,000 now are a minimum of 1 year away from seeing a car so most likely they’ll hear the real deal before they act and move forward.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
At least in that article, they did often mention the UI still being updated, so while someone wanting to read the car is not what everyone expected may get that, anyone taking it at face value will (hopefully) understand the author’s intention that things are coming.

ETA... I did add a blurb at the to of the thread they linked to that notes info coming in is based on early cars with pre-release UI, so hopefully anyone clicking thru will get that point

Last edited:

BobLoblaw

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I think before mass deliveries begin we will see a completed UI and “full” functionality. Will most likely coincide with an official review from one of the big players.

I don’t think these initial articles will do much to dissuade buyers. Anyone on the fence has plenty of time before they have to plunk down money.