Are you part of the big group of 9/6 scheduling emails?

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Slumbreon

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If so, we’re you able to schedule? Did you get an IDA? A VIN? A Car?

Me: confirmed Saturday 9/22 delivery in Dedham via email (email confirmation received on 9/7). Complete silence after, no IDA, no VIN. I called Dedham two days before the delivery, person said “it was good you called before you came in, there is no car for you.” Me: “was anyone going to tell me?” Him: “I see you don’t have an IDA, not sure”. He then rescheduled me to Fri 9/28. Still no IDA, no VIN.

Others?

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If so, we’re you able to schedule? Did you get an IDA? A VIN? A Car?

Me: confirmed Saturday 9/22 delivery in Dedham via email (email confirmation received on 9/7). Complete silence after, no IDA, no VIN. I called Dedham two days before the delivery, person said “it was good you called before you came in, there is no car for you.” Me: “was anyone going to tell me?” Him: “I see you don’t have an IDA, not sure”. He then rescheduled me to Fri 9/28. Still no IDA, no VIN.

Others?
I'm in the same boat unfortunately. Originally contacted on the 6th and scheduled for the 20th, but no further contact or VIN, so called delivery center on the 18th and they confirmed no car or VIN. Rescheduled for the 26th, but still waiting on additional contact and VIN.

Not hopeful for anything at this point. And absolutely frustrated to read articles about "inventory" model 3s being sold for end of quarter rush.

Mauler

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yes - I got the initial "schedule you delivery" appointment on 9/6.
Here is my experience so far . . .
9/6 - scheduled delivery email; then was able to schedule and confirm date of 9/22.
9/14 - received MVPA with VIN
9/18 - call from Tesla rep to reschedule delivery (stated that car would not make it to delivery center until 9/23)
I was offered to re-schedule to Tuesday 9/25 as first option. We eventually settled on Sat 9/29 to better accommodate my schedule
So I am currently scheduled to pick-up in KC, MO on 9/29

Kizzy

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
9/6: I received the email from a delivery scheduling advisor and acquire a 9/25 delivery date at Fremont
9/7: Receive invitation to find a car at Fremont and take it home
9/8: Able to input payment info
9/21: Receive VIN
9/22: Receive text from delivery team member with an offer of a home delivery that day, but schedule for 9/23, and am able to correct my registration info
9/23: Get call from a not delivery person working delivery to confirm delivery, work out discrepancy in payment amount due to registration change, then get delivery by non-delivery Tesla employee volunteering to delivery a car.
9/25: Go to showroom at Tesla factory to redo incomplete paperwork.

Last edited:

Slumbreon

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
9/6: I received the email from a delivery scheduling advisor and acquire a 9/25 delivery date at Fremont
9/7: Receive invitation to find a car at Fremont and take it home
9/8: Able to input payment info
9/21: Receive VIN
9/22: Receive text from delivery team member with an offer of a home delivery that day, but schedule for 9/23, and am able to correct my registration info
9/23: Get call from a not delivery person working delivery to confirm delivery, work out discrepancy in payment amount due to registration change, then get delivery by non-delivery Tesla employee volunteering to delivery a car.
Nice to hear the process is working for someone! to me, setting delivery appointments when there is no VIN, no IDA, and no planning to ensure a car is on its way is a bit of a cruel tease.

Meidww40

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Very similar situation from me:
9/4: Received call from IDA. Assigned a VIN and scheduled for 10/09 delivery.
9/7: Received call from a different person from Tesla telling me that they are able to pull in the delivery. Rescheduled for 10/01.
9/18:Received text from the same second Tesla person to pull in the delivery further more on 9/25.

Today less than 24hrs to the delivery time, I login to my Tesla account, having no MVPA, no VIN or no payment info.

I don't think it's going to happen tomorrow. Very unhappy with the way they do business. Like many people said on this forum, whatever happened to the car, I can handle the news. But silence is just unacceptable.

Update 9/25: Got the car today. Everything is fine.

Last edited: