Are these normal/within spec gaps and seals?

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Vin was 142xxx was part of the wave of MSM with Aero waiting from 3/22.

Since i've been away for work since picking up the car I didn't really get to do a second walk around until today. I found minor sag on the frunk, scuffs on both the interior crosspoint back panels, and rear left panel is even.

Going to call ISA about it today.

Maevra

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Since i've been away for work since picking up the car I didn't really get to do a second walk around until today. I found minor sag on the frunk, scuffs on both the interior crosspoint back panels, and rear left panel is even.

Looks good IMO. Pillar trim especially is nice and non-bulgy.

Quicksilver

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

First row, far right (close to C pillar) I have the same condition...I may try to fix myself - tape down and hair dryer option. Otherwise full replacement of that seal. ISA knows about mine.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've updated my google drive with some more photos. Did another walk around

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1F6PjSvkxzuXc66u2BOvwxxgbC35Qy0Rp

Some stuff with the A pillar, headlight gaps (which i think are normal), and a few more gaps here and there. I'm not sure what falls into the "MUST Fix" and what are cosmetic/within parameter gaps. I feel like I am just paranoid

Dr. J

Private
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Frank99

Model 3 owner since May 3, 2018
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'd have them look at the drivers door gap, the passenger door gap, and the door weatherstripping issues. I wouldn't have a problem with any of the other pictures.

Maevra

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I've updated my google drive with some more photos. Did another walk around

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1F6PjSvkxzuXc66u2BOvwxxgbC35Qy0Rp

Some stuff with the A pillar, headlight gaps (which i think are normal), and a few more gaps here and there. I'm not sure what falls into the "MUST Fix" and what are cosmetic/within parameter gaps. I feel like I am just paranoid
Yes, you are paranoid. :p Seriously though, these "gaps" look fine, and in fact are much better than some of the others we've seen out there. The brightwork is fine too and the pillar trim is good.

If you had to have something fixed, those door seals could be better laid down and you can ask the SC to change/adjust that.

Maevra

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
That is not acceptable. Especially the pillar trim
I hope you are joking? The pillar trim looks perfectly fine especially considering the bulges on earlier models (including my own). I think you are referring to the door seals/weather stripping?

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Firstly, I can't see any of the pics from my firewalled work computer so I'm not able to judge any of your possible issues.

Secondly, I think we are hyper sensitive to fit an finish problems and may be overanalyzing gaps and alignment and other things that my not affect the use of the car. Sometimes a car will go back to the body shop to fix something and come out with a different, worse problem.

When I get my car, I'm going to wear these glasses because they look cool and will partially block my vision so that I can't micro analyze everything!

88d34b5c0e32e99e56dea6c2905c8d7c_preview_featured-jpg.8916

tivoboy

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
I hope you are joking? The pillar trim looks perfectly fine especially considering the bulges on earlier models (including my own). I think you are referring to the door seals/weather stripping?
the rubber seal on the C pillar before the patch window, and what looks to be the rubber trim on the B pillar both at the top needs to be redone. Problem is, it has to be redone from the END points, not just forced up at the gap. I wouldn't accept it that way, I was take delivery but make a service appt. to have it fixed. It's only going to get worse.

Brokedoc

Kick-Gas Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
the rubber seal on the C pillar before the patch window, and what looks to be the rubber trim on the B pillar both at the top needs to be redone. Problem is, it has to be redone from the END points, not just forced up at the gap. I wouldn't accept it that way, I was take delivery but make a service appt. to have it fixed. It's only going to get worse.
I hate to say it but Tesla's seals are issues across different models. It's ESPECIALLY bad on the X because the FWD dump water on the passengers when the seal isn't perfect and the drainage channel isn't aligned right.

Maevra

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Right so the seals not the actual pillar trim. Agree it could be better and a service appt. is in order to fix it.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Looks like my priority for the service visit next week will be the window seals and having them take a look at both driver and passenger front door / A pillar. I think everything else should be okay and are more cosmetic than anything