Are there any phones that work well?

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• A statement from the Founder of Tesla Owners Online:

TOO is, and remains, strongly committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and we see no place for hatred and discrimination in our communities.

Guy Weathersby

Until recently I have been using a Moto G5 Plus it worked so rarely that I gave up and just used the key card. My Google Pixel 3 XL arrived a couple of days ago and I have been experimenting and good bit. It has been working perfectly so far.

I will let you know if I encounter any problems.

babula

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
There are many threads about this but I'll write my answer again, my Pixel XL 2 works 99% of the time. My wife has a new iPhone and that one works 100% of the time and loads a bit faster than my Pixel XL 2.

Flashgj

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Wife and I both drive our Model 3 and we both use the iPhone X. Since we took delivery in early September, they have both worked flawlessly. We are very pleased with not having to carry around a key fob.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I'm currently using a rather low-end Moto g6 phone.
It has worked every time so far.

There were two times when I thought it wasn't working:
  1. The one time I discovered that I had turned off bluetooth on my phone. Oops.
  2. The other time, the car was in the middle of a software update. The car display just kept saying to use a keycard. But when I started the app on my phone, it had a message that the car was in the middle of updating.

Rick Steinwand

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Until recently I have been using a Moto G5 Plus it worked so rarely that I gave up and just used the key card. My Google Pixel 3 XL arrived a couple of days ago and I have been experimenting and good bit. It has been working perfectly so far.

I will let you know if I encounter any problems.
We get a new Pixel every year, but this year I decided getting a new Tesla should be good enough.

I suspect that will change the closer we get to Christmas tho. Until then my Pixel 2 XL has been flawless.

Kizzy

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
My iPhone 6S works 100% of the time for unlocking. Maybe 95+% of the time for starting the car right away. This on firmware versions 36.2 and 40.1.

My phone is never behind me.