Apple Car Play - Tesla PLEASE get it.

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, five years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to more features on the site. We now offer yearly memberships too! For more information visit this page:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Jeda - Tesla Tech Accessories

TeslaTony310

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
It should easily be able to handle it with modern Bluetooth stacks. But they should also add multiple channels of Bluetooth connectivity. And they need to have a mixer for audio on the display. Where are you can play music from your usb, navigation audio from phone, and messages and calls from two phones. Individual audio balance would be nice but using the mic to optimize all sources would be better. Also need audio output of the mix via Bluetooth, when vehicle is in park, to outside speakers for camp mode

No, it shouldn't. Show me a BT stack that is capable of basically pushing a mirrored screen over any of it's protocols, and I'll gladly eat my words. I'll literally print out this response, and eat it.

This will change in the future, perhaps, but the correct "stack" you're looking for is a Wi-Fi one.

• Agree
Reactions: Madmolecule

Madmolecule

Top-Contributor
Ludicrous Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
No, it shouldn't. Show me a BT stack that is capable of basically pushing a mirrored screen over any of it's protocols, and I'll gladly eat my words. I'll literally print out this response, and eat it.

This will change in the future, perhaps, but the correct "stack" you're looking for is a Wi-Fi one.
You are correct Wi-Fi is what it’s gonna take for higher bandwidth video, That’s just not a limitation of any phone or Tesla, It is good to see you there at least adding multiple Bluetooth connections at least in the model S. I do feel it is a huge necessity to be able to mix and display the various audio and video sources over Bluetooth and/or Wi-Fi And also output the audio over Bluetooth, and mirror the video over WiFi. Also over USB. I have a terabyte of storage in my model 3, 25k of Lossless audio, album art and many playlists. My car makes it very difficult to listen to any of it.

52E31D51-122C-41BF-B18B-66EE6AA0A3CE.jpeg

945D44A8-4A1C-4191-B0A3-EA3424572A4B.jpeg

F4924C93-FE2A-4550-BB67-51016D4304CC.jpeg

C62EB8E5-368E-44CB-BBA0-54E9CF3DAEEA.jpeg

Last edited:

TeslaTony310

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
You are correct Wi-Fi is what it’s gonna take for higher bandwidth video, That’s just not a limitation of any phone or Tesla, It is good to see you there at least adding multiple Bluetooth connections at least in the model S. I do feel it is a huge necessity to be able to mix and display the various audio and video sources over Bluetooth and/or Wi-Fi And also output the audio over Bluetooth, and mirror the video over WiFi. Also over USB. I have a terabyte of storage in my model 3, 25k of Lossless audio, album art and many playlists. My car makes it very difficult to listen to any of it.

View attachment 38800
View attachment 38801
View attachment 38802
View attachment 38799
Thank you. I know I was correct. In a previous life, I was getting paid to know these things ;)

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Unless there was a surprise that Elon didn't want to talk about I think this thread is likely dead. It can easily continue for the fun of the banter, however, in last night's S reveal they showed just a small amount of the GUI and I'm quite certain there is some customization coming. I believe they showed icons being moved around on the screen or into a "Dock" however there was nothing noted of ACP or AA and I figure that would have least gotten a footnote of some sorts.

• Agree
Reactions: iChris93

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Unless there was a surprise that Elon didn't want to talk about I think this thread is likely dead. It can easily continue for the fun of the banter, however, in last night's S reveal they showed just a small amount of the GUI and I'm quite certain there is some customization coming. I believe they showed icons being moved around on the screen or into a "Dock" however there was nothing noted of ACP or AA and I figure that would have least gotten a footnote of some sorts.
Would be nice if they got high quality apple music.

Madmolecule

Top-Contributor
Ludicrous Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
All I heard was that they will have an amazing software defined codec that will be world class and can be updated over the air to continue to provide to greatest in sound quality and entertainment experience. What they were probably saying though is the code has not been written, the licence agreements have not been finalized and it has not been tested. I must admit the sound system looked amazing in the presentation with little sound cones radiating from the speaker. I heard also said it was all developed in house by Tesla audio or something. Not sure why, unlike carbon rotor sleeves, there are quite a few quality boutique Audio companies they could have partnered with to allow Tesla engineers to focus on FSD.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
All I heard was that they will have an amazing software defined codec that will be world class and can be updated over the air to continue to provide to greatest in sound quality and entertainment experience. What they were probably saying though is the code has not been written, the licence agreements have not been finalized and it has not been tested. I must admit the sound system looked amazing in the presentation with little sound cones radiating from the speaker. I heard also said it was all developed in house by Tesla audio or something. Not sure why, unlike carbon rotor sleeves, there are quite a few quality boutique Audio companies they could have partnered with to allow Tesla engineers to focus on FSD.
If they used an accurate diagram and if I counted right there were at least 20 speakers in the S. While they could have partnered with other audio companies, why? Truly for the dollar and not having to pay licensing fees and get tangled up with other brands Tesla truly has one of the better sound systems. At least to my old ears.

This goes along with CarPlay - if no one has figured it out yet - Elon is not letting another brand inside his car, and I'm OK with that. The profit is his vs some other brand name.

Reactions: garsh