AP suddenly veering wheel

Dan_LA

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I’ve been using AP whenver I can to feel it and after 2.5 weeks with the car, today it suddenly veered to the right on a carpool lane, it might be that the car in front was about to change lane, but thank god I was holding the wheel as it was a hard veering at 60 MPH on a freeway. Will be checking with Tesla. Always use AP with hands on wheels and eyes on the road folks!

TeslaJeff

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I’ve been using AP whenver I can to feel it and after 2.5 weeks with the car, today it suddenly veered to the right on a carpool lane, it might be that the car in front was about to change lane, but thank god I was holding the wheel as it was a hard veering at 60 MPH on a freeway. Will be checking with Tesla. Always use AP with hands on wheels and eyes on the road folks!
It's to bad the base car only has basic cruise control even with the premium upgrade.

You have to get Auto Pilot to get the adaptable (traffic aware) cruise.

I would rather have my hands on the wheel and I would let the cruise control speed

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It's to bad the base car only has basic cruise control even with the premium upgrade.

You have to get Auto Pilot to get the adaptable (traffic aware) cruise.

I would rather have my hands on the wheel and I would let the cruise control speed
@LUXMAN can you confirm? I thought TACC was standard? It was my impression that EAP adds auto steer and auto lane change.

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@LUXMAN can you confirm? I thought TACC was standard? It was my impression that EAP adds auto steer and auto lane change.
TACC is not standard. So since I don't have Autopilot, No TACC. All mine does is basic Cruise Control work. The scroll wheel only works to change speed.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Non-EAP cars just have basic, “dumb” cruise control. No traffic following.
TACC is not standard. So since I don't have Autopilot, No TACC. All mine does is basic Cruise Control work. The scroll wheel only works to change speed.
Thank you both, was not aware of that!

KarenRei

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
If something unexpected happens (that definitely counts!), definitely file a bug report. That's what the bug report feature is there for! Tesla will get not only your description, but all of the vehicle's logs for their programmers to analyze.

Sounds like your car was in the mode of tracking the vehicle ahead of it and decided to follow said vehicle through a lane change?