Anyone want to trade a USB-C cable phone cable for Lightning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Since I don't have any phones with USB C ports, I removed the USB C cable from the console, and would like to find someone who does not need the lighting cable in their console, so we can swap cables.

It is cheaper and less wasteful than throwing away the cable that is not needed and ordering a new cable from Tesla.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Since I don't have any phones with USB C ports, I removed the USB C cable from the console, and would like to find someone who does not need the lighting cable in their console, so we can swap cables.

It is cheaper and less wasteful than throwing away the cable that is not needed and ordering a new cable from Tesla.
Question for you -- does the car only come with 1 cable of each type?

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Sometimes I have friends that I give rides to that need to charge and sometimes their phone doesn't match the cable standard(s) I usually use.

For me, it's nice to have options to support passengers in need.
I usually carry a spare cable in the glove box for guests (Micro USB, USBC and Lighting), but I'd want the two main ones to be lighting, since my wife and I both have iPhones

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Ours came with one Lighting and one USB-C installed, there are no spares.
Thanks and that’s a bummer — I will setup with 2 lightning cables as well as my wife and I are iPhone users. Nice to have a spare for others as suggested, but 99.9999% of the time I’ll want 2 lightning.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thanks and that’s a bummer — I will setup with 2 lightning cables as well as my wife and I are iPhone users. Nice to have a spare for others as suggested, but 99.9999% of the time I’ll want 2 lightning.
A replacement cable is only $14.99 at the service center, so it’s not too big of a deal either way. They are very easy to swap out. I just thought it would be nice to swap with an android user.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I will happily take any extra USB-C cables that anybody has. I have no use for the lightning cable.

Of course, I don't have the car yet...

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I will happily take any extra USB-C cables that anybody has. I have no use for the lightning cable.

Of course, I don't have the car yet...
We should get our cars at a similar time — want to trade? :)

ummgood

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
I'll also trade anyone who doesn't want a lightning cable for my spare USB-C cable that comes with the car. I am in the Dec-Feb delivery bucket. (Not that I expect to get mine in that timeframe).

Status
Not open for further replies.