Anyone using Tesla Cockpit?

• Our merch store is back! Check out our line of quality apparel and accessories featuring the TOO logo. Let us know if you'd like something specific you don't see 👍https://teespring.com/stores/tesla-owners-online-store
  • It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Looks pretty good.

https://beta.teslacockpit.com/

Unlike teslafi they have an app, which is nice. Also, it seems like it's free.

I'm always nervous about using my account and password with these 3rd party sites.

Anyone using it or have thoughts on if it's safe to use? :)
maybe this is an unjustified criticism, but they misspell Supercharge/Supercharging/Supercharger as two words instead of one. dumb things like that make me question their quality & attention to detail. Using a login token or not, if they mess up something as well known as it being a Supercharger not a Super Charger, what else are they not doing properly?

Rick Steinwand

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Programmers often misspell things. They are concentrating on the code required to get things to work and less on appearance, which is often done quickly. They often rely on others to proof spelling and appearance.

Since it's not fixed here, that tells me that possibly it's a small team OR English isn't their primary language.

Maynerd

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Go to npmjs.com and install nix. Then open Terminal (I'm on a Mac) and execute npx generate-tesla-token. It will generate a token.
I'm using a pc does this only work on a Mac? It's there a site you can point me to that walks me thru this? I'm not sure i know enough to move forward with your instruction

babula

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Programmers often misspell things. They are concentrating on the code required to get things to work and less on appearance, which is often done quickly. They often rely on others to proof spelling and appearance.

Since it's not fixed here, that tells me that possibly it's a small team OR English isn't their primary language.
Yes and no, I'm a programmer and attention to detail is extremely important to me. If you miss or add a single character in the wrong place it can break your code, so I would say typing and spelling is key.

babula

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm using a pc does this only work on a Mac? It's there a site you can point me to that walks me thru this? I'm not sure i know enough to move forward with your instruction
npm works on Windows but the installation is a little more annoying.

Rick Steinwand

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yes and no, I'm a programmer and attention to detail is extremely important to me. If you miss or add a single character in the wrong place it can break your code, so I would say typing and spelling is key.
We're not talking about code being misspelled here. We're talking about the interface. I've been programming almost 40 years. It's very important to me too, but as a web programmer, I've seen a lot of garbage online.

babula

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
We're not talking about code being misspelled here. We're talking about the interface. I've been programming almost 40 years. It's very important to me too, but as a web programmer, I've seen a lot of garbage online.
True it's possible they directly dropped some copy they received or something. I was thinking it's probably a small team that created this so I would expect more attention to detail.

Maynerd

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
And I am on a MAC and can't figure it out. I do not know how (or where) to install NIX.
I don't have a Mac but what I can tell you is I opened up terminal and on the line I litterallly typed 'npx generate-tesla-token' and it installed something....likely nix and then I entered my login and password and that was it. Hope that works for you.

Toadmanor

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I don't have a Mac but what I can tell you is I opened up terminal and on the line I litterallly typed 'npx generate-tesla-token' and it installed something....likely nix and then I entered my login and password and that was it. Hope that works for you.

@Maynerd When I try that I receive the following: -bash: npx: command not found

350VDC

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have been using STATS for Tesla for a few months now and they have really improved it a lot. Gives a lot of useful data and doesn't connect to the car as much. Also has Siri Shortcuts enabled now.