Anyone used Lemon Law?

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yeah, I've heard several different explanations, which might all be different facets of the same problem. The service center told me it has something to do with voltage rails being latched on startup, other people here said it was caused by a part supplied by Intel where two different versions had the same part number and behaved differently when installed. Clearly the problem comes from hardware, but if they know exactly what the cause is, it might be entirely possible to fix it with software, good as new. Not knowing any details, it's hard to say.
glad they got it resolved for you, no matter what caused the issue.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Is the symptom of the crash a black screen when you enter the car and you have to wait for the Tesla T to show up and the screen to boot up? If so, my car is suffering from that and I hope a future release fixes it too.
I have one example of something similar to what you describe, I've seen it one time and it went away after about 2 seconds. I got in and the screen was black, the large T was grey and was not the same one when the computer reboots. I have never seen this before. Running 50.6

Burnchar

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
...part supplied by Intel where two different versions had the same part number and behaved differently when installed.
As a software engineer (and employee of a supplier of electronics for Auto and other industries), this makes sense and alleviates my concerns about Tesla. Such a fault can legitimately be solved in software.

If true, however, Intel should be ashamed of themselves. I cannot imagine that happening at my company, especially with an automotive part.