Anyone tried rear chrome trunk molding from Evannex

Vistan

Country
Country
White not silver, sorry! Got one of these strips when they first came out. The installation is trickier than one might expect. Recommend having a friend help hold the floppy end of the very flexible plastic strip while you carefully align the strip edge to the trunk edge.

Vistan

Point 3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
White not silver, sorry! Got one of these strips when they first came out. The installation is trickier than one might expect. Recommend having a friend help hold the floppy end of the very flexible plastic strip while you carefully align the strip edge to the trunk edge.

Vistan

View attachment 7959 View attachment 7960
Very nice.
Are you in Vista? I am in San Marcos, perhaps we could meet up sometime and I could see it in person?

350VDC

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I put this on today. I like the separation in the trunk line. Take care when doing this as the strip is veryfloppy and can stretch. It is easy to get an air bubble under it. Use a thin xacto knife to loosen the bubble.
tesla-badge-1-png.9996

tesla-badge-2-png.9997

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I put this on today. I like the separation in the trunk line. Take care when doing this as the strip is veryfloppy and can stretch. It is easy to get an air bubble under it. Use a thin xacto knife to loosen the bubble.
View attachment 9996

View attachment 9997

Thanks for posting, it looks great! I was considering getting it but don't really want to remove the emblem as they suggest. Great to see it still looks good with the emblem there, too.

Cintoman

I actually bought and received the evannex chrome strip with the T E S L A laser etched on the strip. Haven't had a chance to install it, but I'm glad I didn't because the more and more I look at it, I'm more than likely going to return it even though I've been going back and forth mentally in my head as to whether to keep the chrome strip or go with the AO letters. I've asked my family and a few friends, and every single person was saying to go with AO. After watching their video it made me decide to go ahead and order the AO letters. I think it looks far more OEM than the chrome strip, and I think it'll look far better on my blue M3 AWD.

BTW @BlueMeanie , once I get it and install it, I'll post pics.

-- Cintoman

Jay Jay

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Sandy

One obsession to the next
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
View attachment 16787 View attachment 16788 View attachment 16789 View attachment 16790 I just removed it recently. After I installed the RPM CF spoiler it looked too busy. I plan to just replace the original T with the TESLA letters.
Looks great in the bottom picture. Clean. As an aside when I had the full front PPF done (custom not pre-cut) we debated if to replace the front emblem or not. I have a new one but have held off on replacing it. Again I think it looks cleaner/minimalist without, mandatory plate excepted.

img_1714-jpg.16873

Last edited: