Anyone have pics of a standard model 3?

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
One of the things I noticed in some of the leaked configurator videos was that a covered center console is only available to the premium upgraded interior?

Does this mean as a driver I would have to get the upgraded interior if I want a right side armrest?

Anyone have any pics of a stock model 3 without bells and whistles?

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
One of the things I noticed in some of the leaked configurator videos was that a covered center console is only available to the premium upgraded interior?

Does this mean as a driver I would have to get the upgraded interior if I want a right side armrest?

Production of the standard Model 3 is still a few months away... :)

Sandy

One obsession to the next
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

The only pictures/vehicles today are Premium Upgrade Package. No one has seen/published pics of the non PUP interior yet. i suspect the center armrest will survive less the hinged doors on the console.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My thoughts are that the covered portion refers to what's in front of the armrest (the opening panels and phone holder), but I could be wrong.
Also the phone docks are premium only. Basically, I think non-premium are just empty bins; but we should see soon enough.

danzgator

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Since there have been test vehicles with white interior and that isn't available yet, I suspect there have to be at least a couple with standard interior on the road for testing. It's just a matter of someone spotting one and being close enough to tell the difference.

On the center console, I agree with everyone else, the covered console has to mean the cover over the phone docking station. The armrest is signature Tesla and is in all base S/X. Also, there are rear vents coming out of the back of the armrest, so you'd have to make mechanical vent reconfiguration in a cheaper vehicle, complicating production unnecessarily. So, I'm 99% sure that will be there.

Country
Country
Ah, I may have assumed that it was the entire area that went away with the USBs. Can’t find anything to support air vents not being there. Sorry!

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The model 3 page from Tesla says "Center console with covered storage and docking for two smartphones" as noted in the above reply. But also in the Tesla Shop, for awhile, weren't they selling the dock for the Model 3? Just the cradle? So I assume that the phone dock is available to purchase but not standard. Heck, they may even sell you the doors at the parts counter that you can install. I am assuming the standard console is the same on the front as the Premium of course

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
the only thing I remember seeing is the cords themselves, not the dock structure
Hummmmm. Ah yeah. I see now that the showed the dock when they showed the routing of the cables. nevermind o_O

But speaking of cables...does the car come with any phone cables?

BluestarE3

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

JWardell

Legendary Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Also, no armrest in a luxury car? Psh. As far as I'm concerned, armrests should be standard in all cars larger than sub-compact.
I've had to pay for armrests in my MINIs, either as a package upgrade or individual. I also installed an aftermarket armrest in my 2004 mini because they simply weren't available then. I think it is common for the lowest config of economy cars to be missing armrests, though I'm not sure anything at the 30 grand level requires an upgrade.
So yeah, I won't be super surprised if the standard has no arm rest. I'm sure aftermarket ones will then be available.

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So yeah, I won't be super surprised if the standard has no arm rest. I'm sure aftermarket ones will then be available.
I would be. This car WILL come with an armrest to cover the storage area just like the Premium Package and just like any modern car. You just wont see the other areas in front of it covered

jman

I would think they would take out the rear vents so that people would want to upgrade to get the rear usb and vents....my 2 cents..keep the change.