Anyone else interested in an exhaust note app?

Insaneoctane

Country
Country
I don't think that I would use it very often, but wouldn't a virtual exhaust note GUI control on the Tesla vehicles be fun? Pick your favorite exhaust tone (ie Lamborghini, Z06, Hemi, Ferrari etc) and it would sync it with your speed and accelerator? I could have some fun picking different vehicles. Then when I was done playing and remembering a different time, I could turn it off and resume my silence. It would be a great way to bring in old school buyers! It's probably never gonna happen, but it is totally doable and would entertain me.

JBsC6

Country
Country
I probably would imagine as the supercar begins delivery some inventive person will come up with an app that syncs with the accelerator pedal movement and imitates the roar of a Ferrari ..

I'm not sure if I'd purchase and use a Ferrari v8 sound on an electric car such as the model 3....if it was an inexpensive app I might for a few laughs once in awhile.

The sound must be synced with the accelerator pedal...otherwise absolutely not.

KarenRei

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Only if:

A) It pipes the sound to the outside, not the inside; and
B) "Weird" sounds are among the options (ideally with honk tones that match them). Examples:
* Diesel semi
* Train
* Bicycle with a card in the spokes
* Cargo ship
* Jetsons flying car
* Calliope playing circus music (tempo = driving speed)
* Horse
* Heavily neglected jalopy, drivetrain squealing from rust

Poobah

Country
Country
Only if:

A) It pipes the sound to the outside, not the inside; and
B) "Weird" sounds are among the options (ideally with honk tones that match them). Examples:
* Diesel semi
* Train
* Bicycle with a card in the spokes
* Cargo ship
* Jetsons flying car
* Calliope playing circus music (tempo = driving speed)
* Horse
* Heavily neglected jalopy, drivetrain squealing from rust
First there were ring tones ... now drive tones. Can anyone say Tesla Tones? :D

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
There is an app for that!! They have apps that use the speed from the GPS to simulate engine sounds as you accelerate. If your phone is streaming bluetooth to the car speakers it would seem like you have an engine. Here is one example:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.twoxlgames.xlr8&hl=en

I watched the video and LMFAO!!:D.....This is what we ALL need!

Insaneoctane

Country
Country
There is an app for that!! They have apps that use the speed from the GPS to simulate engine sounds as you accelerate. If your phone is streaming bluetooth to the car speakers it would seem like you have an engine. Here is one example:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.twoxlgames.xlr8&hl=en

I watched the video and LMFAO!!:D.....This is what we ALL need!
OMG. That video is hilarious! That is almost exactly what I suggested. Too funny and I think Tesla should build something like that into the GUI as an Easter egg...

Model S could modulate motor sounds (the ones that actually come out from Tesla drivetrain) when being in Ludicrous or Plaid mode.
Something like BMW's. IC-engines on those cars are too quiet, cabin sound insulation is too good and sound is generated by speakers to please occupants in sports mode. And not simulated in regular mode.

EVfusion

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
I don't think that I would use it very often, but wouldn't a virtual exhaust note GUI control on the Tesla vehicles be fun? Pick your favorite exhaust tone (ie Lamborghini, Z06, Hemi, Ferrari etc) and it would sync it with your speed and accelerator? I could have some fun picking different vehicles. Then when I was done playing and remembering a different time, I could turn it off and resume my silence. It would be a great way to bring in old school buyers! It's probably never gonna happen, but it is totally doable and would entertain me.
During HUD discussions early this year there was a post showing a HUD app that did exactly what you want PLUS showed analogue dash mimicking the vehicle chosen.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Ford has been doing something like this in their pickups for a few years, from the factory. On the newer Ecoboost 6 cylinder they'd add some engine noise to make it sound more like an 8. I think this started in '15 with the redesign. I've got a '14 w/Eco that doesn't do it. https://www.f150forum.com/f118/active-noise-control-fake-engine-disable-how-312261/

The key to Ford is that a good majority didn't like it and found a way to unhook it at the amp and or could get the dealer to disable it with their factory scan/computer tools.

Sandy

One obsession to the next
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I’ve been listening to road car, race car, track car, motorcycle, race motorcycle, prop and jet aircraft exhaustnoise my whole life. Not to mention way to loud music and concerts. 30-40% upper range hearing loss and tinnitus because of it. The LAST thing I want in my first EV is fake exhaust sound!!!