Anyone else get their wall connector?

Anyone else get their wall connector yet?

• Total voters

Ip Man

Country
Country
wooo13 smart move. You'll be forward compatible with future Tesla with the wall charger.
You can change the draw on it via the dials inside it. I'm assuming model 3 v 2 will charge at full 100amps.
The semi will charge at 100amps according to electrik.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I don't own a house and am having second thoughts about paying to mod a house I might not be living at in a year.
Are you renting from an individual owner?

Maybe they'll want to make the investment or split it with you. It should make the home more attractive to a future tenant.

Kizzy

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Maybe they'll want to make the investment or split it with you. It should make the home more attractive to a future tenant.
I was specifically told that I'd be responsible for making such changes myself, if I got the owner's permission. They're super paranoid about marijuana growing, though, and electrical modifications are generally disallowed.

wooo13

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country

Where do you live? I'm in Northern VA, rich with wealthy and prospective Tesla owners. I'm moving in a couple of months and having my wiring built in to my new home, but wouldn't think twice about installing it in my current home if I were living there a few more years. I see renters owning a Model 3 or another EV getting good use out of it, and maybe me getting a higher rental fee.

KennethK

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
For those of you with wall chargers installed and not being used, just flip off the breaker until your model 3 comes. They do draw a phantom load... Unless you like the night light ;)

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Where do you live? I'm in Northern VA, rich with wealthy and prospective Tesla owners. I'm moving in a couple of months and having my wiring built in to my new home, but wouldn't think twice about installing it in my current home if I were living there a few more years. I see renters owning a Model 3 or another EV getting good use out of it, and maybe me getting a higher rental fee.
I'm in South Florida, but I own my home and will be installing the outlet hopefully this week!

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I was specifically told that I'd be responsible for making such changes myself, if I got the owner's permission. They're super paranoid about marijuana growing, though, and electrical modifications are generally disallowed.
You may need to rely on slower charger and/or public charging.

Is your laundry room near the garage? You could unplug the dryer as needed to charge the car faster.

littlD

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Still have my old Voltec 240V charger from 2013 when I started my EV enthusiast journey with the 1st gen Volt.

It does a fine job with my Leaf, and with the J1772 adapter, I'm good to go.

Yes, I know, it's slower, but I'll get by until I can upgrade it in a year or so.

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Let me move into my French house first after the rent contract is over ... ;)

IMG_2822.JPG

Will start looking at that mid-next year... also when I'm reassured Midnight S≡R≡NITY won't cost me €60k... o_O

Sandy

One obsession to the next
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
After my panel/service upgrade I will have a Nema 14-50 in the garage. Unfortunately in it is limited to a 40 amp circuit breaker and 32 amps to the charger. Once I get the car Tesla HPWC and a 60 amp breaker will allow me to charge at 48 amps (310 mile range).

KennethK

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
After my panel/service upgrade I will have a Nema 14-50 in the garage. Unfortunately in it is limited to a 40 amp circuit breaker and 32 amps to the charger. Once I get the car Tesla HPWC and a 60 amp breaker will allow me to charge at 48 amps (310 mile range).
Don't increase the breaker to 60 amps unless the wiring is sized appropriately.