Anyone else awaiting financing paperwork from Tesla?

setheryb

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I picked up my Model 3 on September 30th and financed through Tesla with their best rate promo/special. I've gotten the check for that, but I haven't yet gotten any loan documents and my MVPA says the first payment would be due on November 13. Has anyone else experienced this? Am I worrying needlessly? Any experience or suggestions are most welcome.

setheryb

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I believe it was Chase. Confirmed via my email exchange from 9/29 with Tesla Financing it's through Chase.

I did try emailing my delivery advisor and Tesla financing on 10/30, but I haven't heard back from either.

Last edited:

setheryb

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
This is possibly related to my other thread about not yet getting my plates, so I'll share what I wrote there here as well incase anyone else deals with the same issue.

Stopped by the licensing office, they told me that nothing had been done in regards to my car in the system. So I rushed home and called the Bellevue store and talked with someone in delivery...turns out there's some additional paperwork they need my signature/approval on before they can do any of that. So they are overnighting it to me first thing in the morning (past the time or FedEx to do anything tonight) to sign and also including packaging/label to overnight it back to them right away. Glad I checked with the DOL and also called the store.

It also sounds like this could be part of the hold up with my other question about financing...that Chase may be waiting on some of this paperwork as well to send me my welcome packet/loan docs/etc.

setheryb

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The saga continues...

Last week had paperwork overnighted to me, resigned the documents as needed by Tesla and then overnighted it back and they confirmed receipt of the documents early Saturday morning.

So give it the weekend and email my contact at the Bellevue store and she says if I haven't gotten anything from Chase in the mail yet that I should contact Chase. Ok. So I just called Chase.

According to them, I don't have an account for an auto loan with them and they don't have a contract from Tesla for me.

I've been patient and trying to do everything I can and be helpful, but I'm starting to feel like I'm being told from each side it's the other's problem. And I'm stuck in the middle with a first payment due date as stated on my MVPA of November 14th (in 2 days), with no way to make a payment.

I'm gonna be livid if I get hit with missed/late payment fees and especially if I get a hit on my credit history for missed/late payment.

I'm not sure what else to do...

setheryb

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Some resolution that I posted in another thread of someone with a similar experience:

Sorry for the late reply. Wasn't getting notifications.

So my plates ended up coming about a week after my temp tag had expired. Was told that if I had gotten a ticket for it Tesla would've paid it for me.

For my loan...I was a squeaky wheel. I sent the paperwork back on a Friday, and I called my delivery location Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday everyday until something happened making sure things were moving as my first loan payment was due on Thursday. Up until the wee hours of the morning of Thursday Chase had nothing in their system that I had a loan. I logged in to my existing Chase account early in the morning and my loan finally showed up.

One thing to note, the person that I talked to at the Tesla delivery center said that if my loan paperwork didn't get processed in time for my first payment, that Tesla would cover the loan payments until it processed. I'd have to payback those payments, but they'd make sure the loan didn't default or have late payments. Luckily it didn't come to that for me. But something to ask for if someone else is in a similar situation.

EDIT: I should add also, I don't believe payments on a loan are due until 45 days after purchasing the vehicle. If you're still in that window with at least a week or two before those 45 days are up, I wouldn't worry yet. But as always, check your MVPA and paperwork, it often has when your first payment would be due even if you haven't heard anything from the bank yet.