Any recent Canadian delivery?

x-cimo

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
I placed my order for a LR AWD model 3 on November 14 for a delivery in Montreal. Since then nothing. With the focus on US before dec 31st, and now on Europe/China, I am wondering if we have been forgotten in Canada?

Anyone took delivery since mid December?

Tesla Montreal escalated my order, maybe it will help.

DBM3DM

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
That's odd. I'm in Vancouver and placed an order on Boxing Day for a Model 3 LR AWD, received the vehicle January 12th.

I should point out that if you ordered with 18" wheels, they take significantly longer, and if you chose Black....then it'll be delayed even more as this is the cheapest and most popular configuration across any Model 3.

x-cimo

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Still no car... I actually place a second order in hope that one of them gets delivered faster.... now I'm waiting for two.

Nov 14 2018: Red - White Interior - 18"
Jan 8 2019: Blue - White Interior - 18"

Tesla HQ refer to Tesla Montreal.... Tesla Montreal say there are no inventory in Canada which match my orders. They offered other color, but obviously if we wanted another color we would not have paid extra for it. So we're waiting...

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Well that's not good. I place my order Jan 18, black exterior mid range. The schedule on site says 2 weeks but within 2 days of order Tesla delivery reached out to me to confirm my purchase and said it was 4-8 weeks looking before March.
Was hoping to have it by early mid February
Edit: Montreal Tesla

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
As Elon stated in the earnings call, Tesla is currently only producing Model 3s for Europe and China, so that they'll all get delivered before the end of Q1. I expect them to shift back to making cars for North America (except California) in March, and then the last week of March will probably be for California.

Gotta make the end-of-quarter numbers look good. Being a public company sucks. :)

x-cimo

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Well that's not good. I place my order Jan 18, black exterior mid range. The schedule on site says 2 weeks but within 2 days of order Tesla delivery reached out to me to confirm my purchase and said it was 4-8 weeks looking before March.
Was hoping to have it by early mid February
Edit: Montreal Tesla
You could be lucky if they find your config somewhere. But I still don't have my cars. They don't know when they will get them.. Tesla HQ is not telling them or being helpful. According to the website the current estimate is late February. I really hope that is right because in March is way too late.

kataleen

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm in Vancouver and ordered last week a P3D+. The website said that the estimated delivery is February, but the delivery rep and confirmation email say March. So I tend to agree that they are likely focused on the Asian/Eurpoean markets now.

Ecyrd

Country
Country
I called them about ordering a Model 3 in Finland (Europe), and they suggested to order fast or else delivery might take until June. So this suggests that they will indeed stop manufacturing for EU in Feb, and switch to NA orders - if I had delayed with my order, I would've gotten my car from the next EU batch which will probably be built in April.

x-cimo

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Some update on my side... Not sure if Tesla resumed North America production yet... however my delivery advisor told me that Tesla regrouped all the inventory they had available in all the regions and started to assign theses car to existing order. Both my order were filled. (Good news!) but the no so good news is that the cars have 75K VIN (October 2018) and 86K VIN (November).

The question that comes to mind is: Why did Tesla not sell theses cars if they were in good condition for sale.. Or maybe are they car that had flaw that needed work...

I've asked for a discount since they are 2018 and with AP HW3 just around the corner.. We'll see what they say; and I will make sure to thoroughly check the cars...

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Ouff thats pretty bone headed. I think its just the way Tesla does business, kinda like how Elon mentioned in the earnings they do not operate and the most efficient way.
Does HW3 make a big difference (assuming you did not purchase FSD)?

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Logged into my account today and saw delivery date was set for March 7th and time was set. No one called figured it's normal and they would confirm a few days before?

x-cimo

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Wait until someone call you. The first date I saw for my car was december 31st 2018. I still don't have the car...

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Any news on this? I'm still waiting for my MR no VIN assigned yet. It's absurd that on the site it still says delivery within 2 weeks.

x-cimo

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Taking delivery of both cars on Friday. It has been a long time. I'm getting two 2018 AWD, they did give me a slight discounts on them because we are so far in 2019. I have heard that there is many MR in stock in the US. But it could take a little while. It took them 3 week between finding a VIN and getting it moved to Canada.

Don't worry too much however because they shifted production back to North America. But I agree the less than 2 weeks on their website is wrong for Canada.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Congrats! That's good news.
I ordered mine about a week after yours in Jan. But I have the white interior which I was told can take longer.
I'm getting nervous I'm planning a road trip and vacation time around this car in April and I can't very well go without the car lol.

x-cimo

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Yeah both of my cars have white interior. They offered black interior a few times but we sticked to our order.

kataleen

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Got the VIN for my P3D last week on Thursday. Ordered last Saturday again after having to cancel a January order. Delivery was supposed to happen today but yesterday they emailed me that they found a crack in the rear window (likely the usual stress crack so many people reported). Now the delivery has been pushed for 10 days. I also went for the white interior