Any plans for a M3OC iOS app?

RoadToLevel5

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Having used another auto forum with a companion iOS app and push notifications, I'm curious if there are plans for native mobile apps for this site/forum.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Having used another auto forum with a companion iOS app and push notifications, I'm curious if there are plans for native mobile apps for this site/forum.
Do you mind sharing what forum? I'd love to check it out. I wonder if it was a fully native app or a hybrid.

RoadToLevel5

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Do you mind sharing what forum? I'd love to check it out. I wonder if it was a fully native app or a hybrid.
It was on http://www.mercedescla.org/. I used the app all the time when I first bought my CLA. I just looked it up on my phone and it was developed by Forum Foundry (though it looks like it is no longer being maintained).

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It was on http://www.mercedescla.org/. I used the app all the time when I first bought my CLA. I just looked it up on my phone and it was developed by Forum Foundry (though it looks like it is no longer being maintained).
I went to check it out, but it's unfortunately not compatible with iOS 11.

I do like the idea of an app, though I have found this site plays very nice on mobile as well.

Country
Country
Think there might be some XenForo 3rd party apps that provide what you are looking for.

I think this forum is build oppon it. Something like Forum Talker on Android for example. I'm not aware of IOS apps as I'm too lazy to charge my Ipad :)

RoadToLevel5

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I went to check it out, but it's unfortunately not compatible with iOS 11.

I do like the idea of an app, though I have found this site plays very nice on mobile as well.
I will give the site a spin on mobile and see how it works.

BTW, a google search for XenForo on iOS came up with this: https://forumapps.net/.

ng0

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I use this forum on my android phone's chrome browser pretty often and it actually works pretty well. Would love to have a native app since that that usually works better if done right, but I can definitely understand why you wouldn't want to develop one.

Aayush

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
I'm the founder of ForumApps, the app mentioned above. Let me know if I can answer any questions for you.

ehendrix23

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Did a search and did not see it, hence bringing it up.

Not sure exactly what is required, but any option to look at supporting Tapatalk Mobile App? Not sure what is i the back-end of these forums but Tapatalk has plugins for a number of them.

Easy way to take the forums mobile. I use it for some other web forums I follow.

It is free for forum owners, and the app is free as well (with ads, a user can opt to pay to remove ads). And forum is also still accessible through website (thus it is not a migration to something new).

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Did a search and did not see it, hence bringing it up.

Not sure exactly what is required, but any option to look at supporting Tapatalk Mobile App? Not sure what is i the back-end of these forums but Tapatalk has plugins for a number of them.

Easy way to take the forums mobile. I use it for some other web forums I follow.
the site is already formatted for mobile. I personally, hate the forum sites that push users to the apps (like tapatalk) instead of just formatting for mobile and hope this one stays in it's native state if on a desktop or mobile.

ehendrix23

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
the site is already formatted for mobile. I personally, hate the forum sites that push users to the apps (like tapatalk) instead of just formatting for mobile and hope this one stays in it's native state if on a desktop or mobile.
I think here it should be about giving choice and definitely not pushing users. The other forum I use for example is viewable from mobile as well and I only found out about being able to also interact with it through tapatalk from other members.
Tapatalk is also available for iOS and Android.

FYI, might seem a bit like "use this, use this". Not so. Just wanna provide my experience with tapatalk as a user with another forum and provide info. :)

Oh, based on other conversations looks like back-end is Xenforo. There is a plug-in available for Xenforo and hence it I think it might be rather easy to get it to work.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Im OK with options and I use Tapatalk for other forums I'm a member of, but personally this is the first forum that I truly like and use the web version on Mobile Safari. I think the formatting and controls are very well laid out and mimic the full versions. I understand choice, but there also becomes overhead for supporting multiple platforms. It makes upgrades more challenging, sometimes security and a number of other considerations that can't be taken lightly these days.