Any other December "owner" reservations out there?

LV Acrobat

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I just reserved my model 3 on dec 18th. I am a current owner, yet the tesla website gives me an estimate of late 2018, when all else points to much earlier(even the tesla spokesperson I was in touch with). Anyone reserve in the last month or 2 have a different delivery estimate. Im also a California resident. SO im a little shocked that being an owner didn't change anything.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I just reserved my model 3 on dec 18th. I am a current owner, yet the tesla website gives me an estimate of late 2018, when all else points to much earlier(even the tesla spokesperson I was in touch with). Anyone reserve in the last month or 2 have a different delivery estimate. Im also a California resident. SO im a little shocked that being an owner didn't change anything.
I mean no offense whatsoever when I say this, but on some level I’m glad. You’d be jumping people that have reserved 21 months ago.

At some point there has to be a cutoff for owner priority...

Either that or you will get owner priority, but maybe not immediately (like maybe it’s just after a certain number of non-owner priority batches go through).

Unfortunately no one knows and I would say that likely includes sales and delivery associates.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It might just take Tesla a while to update their estimates too. I don't think they have this system very automated.

Please update this thread if you do see your delivery estimates change at some point. I'm curious to find out how Tesla handles this situation.

LV Acrobat

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Please update this thread if you do see your delivery estimates change at some point. I'm curious to find out how Tesla handles this situation.
I will if anything changes. And as for the jump in line, as unfair as it seems, the Model 3 really needed the "owners" to even make this thing happen. So on one hand yes it seems very odd to let someone just jump in front, on the other you need to keep your best customers happy first. If I don't get a jump I will still be just as happy Tesla owner as Ive always been.

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Just spoke with Tesla and they said that by second half of January I shouldn't have the standard "late 2018". That it will update sometime around then to be not just the generic timeframe.
That is a very interesting statement from a Tesla employee. That tells me that Tesla plans on updating the delivery estimates after the Q4 delivery numbers are announced in early January. Which also means that we will likely see many of our delivery estimates pushed back. Which makes sense, since many of us owner line waiters across the country (midwest for me) have delivery estimates that say November to January and it does not look like I will be configuring my order any time soon.
I am optimistically hoping I get to configure in January but I am not holding my breath.

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I'm on the wrong end of the 400 - 500k reservations and on the east coast to boot. I fully expect my update to push the estimate into 2019.

LV Acrobat

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm on the wrong end of the 400 - 500k reservations and on the east coast to boot. I fully expect my update to push the estimate into 2019.
Originally before he knew I was an owner he said that with that late of a reservation (December) that it would be at lease 1.5-2 years. Making it 2020.

Prodigal Son

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
That is a very interesting statement from a Tesla employee. That tells me that Tesla plans on updating the delivery estimates after the Q4 delivery numbers are announced in early January. Which also means that we will likely see many of our delivery estimates pushed back. Which makes sense, since many of us owner line waiters across the country (midwest for me) have delivery estimates that say November to January and it does not look like I will be configuring my order any time soon.
I am optimistically hoping I get to configure in January but I am not holding my breath.
All aboard the disappointment train! Next stop: Our ongoing wait :p

Michael Russo

MSM Team Founder, Midnight S≡R≡NITY rider
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Originally before he knew I was an owner he said that with that late of a reservation (December) that it would be at lease 1.5-2 years. Making it 2020.
Which IMHO would be (should be?) a fair assessment of when a non owner anywhere in the US (let alone abroad...) could expect his/her Model 3 in the case of a December 2017 reservation...

Frank99

Model 3 owner since May 3, 2018
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
LV -
Thanks for supporting Tesla, and making the Model 3 possible so I can get one. You're welcome to step in front of me in line.

I'd look askance at the "a month ago, CPO MS" owner doing so, but frankly Tesla sets the rules and the priorities, and I accept that. If Tesla says this owner gets a place in line in front of me, I respect that decision. They've got more important things to deal with than making sure each and every reservation is scheduled in ways that every point of view believes is fair.

Dhu1

Tesla Owner
Model X
Country
Country
Who did you speak to? I am an owner based in california and my priority is later than most. So would like to find out who I can call

Last edited:

LV Acrobat

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Who did you speak to? I am an owner based in california and my priority is later than most. So would like to find out who I can call
I sent a general email to sales team. You said its later than most? when did you reserve and what does yours say? I have no dates just "late 2018" so if its better than that you are all good.