Any one....how can you disable location in navigation?

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, five years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to more features on the site. We now offer yearly memberships too! For more information visit this page:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
You can't stop the car from knowing where it is and using it in navigation, etc, but you can turn off Mobile access to the car. You do this in the GUI on the car. This will prevent anyone with app access from seeing the car or its location.

Klaus-rf

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Disconnect the GPS antennae. But first, make sure the car is somewhere you want it to report as it's "current location" before disconnecting the antennae. Then it will always report that address as the "location".

NOTE: On-board navigation will be worthless once the car gets beyond the wheel movement predictions that the NAV system has built in.

Don't forget to disable location in your phone(s).

Reactions: Kizzy

msjulie

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
When I unset mobile access (pretty sure) navigation failed because it couldn't call home for routing (pretty sure that's what I shut off)

JWardell

TOO Master Member
TOO Sponsor Vendor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
First and foremost, what is the real reason you want to disable location? It is an important function of the car, to know the speed it is traveling, to know elevation changes, and to provide extremely valuable route and power predictions.

Secondly, please do not disconnect physical parts of the car. Breaking it will most certainly cause a trail of errors that it will definitely phone home about.
And certainly do not operate a highly illegal GPS jammer. I hope the military comes looking for those who do so.

@GDN's advice is the correct one, if you are simply concerned about others knowing about what you are up to; turn off mobile data access. Of course that will break a number of useful mobile and data features of your tesla, but I assume this is just a temporary situation while you sneak around doing something unmentionable (back to question 1...)