Any non-TESLA owners configured?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
I am a non-TESLA owner who stood in line at the Orlando location and deposited in store at 10:14 EST on 3/31/16. I've since moved to California (which may increase my chances of an earlier delivery??) and haven't been asked to configure.

My first delivery estimation was Oct-Dec 2017 - moved back a month when everyone was.
Now my delivery estimation is Nov 2017 - Jan 2018. I have not yet been asked to configure.

Have any non-TESLA owners been asked to configure??

Sam Diego

Country
Country
seriously!? Are you sure your wife's friend had never owned a Tesla? Do you know when he stood in line? Was he one of the first? Where did he reserve? (please say San Diego!) ;-)
My apologies. Upon further investigation it appears they recently purchased a Mx. I requested a deletion of the original false statement. Sorry to keep everyone's hopes up just like I did for myself!

ng0

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My apologies. Upon further investigation it appears they recently purchased a Mx. I requested a deletion of the original false statement. Sorry to keep everyone's hopes up just like I did for myself!
haha, no problem. I assumed your wife's friend had owned a Tesla at some point. Just didn't make sense. All the current owners haven't even received their config emails yet. Did get me a little excited for a sec though. ;-)

John Slaby

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My guess is that no non-owners will receive invites until the core software is 'finished' (things like rear seat heaters, etc.). Tesla can be reasonably confident that existing owners won't be too upset with a mostly finished car, but they can't know which non-owner will go ballistic when they discover they bought a car that wasn't 'done' (regardless of the fact that the car will likely never be done with OTA updates). If only they'd allow those of us who are non-owners but also huge fans to let them know so we can get in on the 'not-quite-done' car deliveries. Sigh . . .

mkg3

Country
Country
My guess is that no non-owners will receive invites until the core software is 'finished' (things like rear seat heaters, etc.). . . .
So are you speculating that all those non-Tesla owners that have the window closing this month will be SOL?

Twiglett

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
My guess is that no non-owners will receive invites until the core software is 'finished' (things like rear seat heaters, etc.). Tesla can be reasonably confident that existing owners won't be too upset with a mostly finished car, but they can't know which non-owner will go ballistic when they discover they bought a car that wasn't 'done' (regardless of the fact that the car will likely never be done with OTA updates). If only they'd allow those of us who are non-owners but also huge fans to let them know so we can get in on the 'not-quite-done' car deliveries. Sigh . . .
I doubt they would be crazy enough to connect those two things.

Country
Country
This make me a little sad. :(

I was still kinda holding out hope that I would get an invite to configure sometime in the next week or so for delivery towards the end of Feb. or early March. (my window is Dec. to Feb., reserved around 11am in chicago) But knowing that non owners with estimates between Nov. and Jan haven't even been invited to configure yet gives me little confidence that there's anyway I'll receive my car before the end of Feb. I had a trip planned to drive from Chicago to Nashville at the end of March and I was really hoping to have the Model 3 by then for the trip...i guess if not that will just be my last hurrah with my Mazda. Or maybe by some miracle the ramp will skyrocket and I'll get the model 3 just in time!

John Slaby

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So are you speculating that all those non-Tesla owners that have the window closing this month will be SOL?
Well, I guess there is a tiny bit of hope that the core software is done in the next few days, but my feeling is that there will be no non-owner/employee invitations in January :( Mid-February, perhaps?

Frank99

Model 3 owner since May 3, 2018
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Not having software done isn't, in my opinion, going to slow down Tesla one bit. They're gonna ship every car they can build.

That said, Nov-Jan is the earliest delivery estimate (really configuration estimate) that I've seen for a non-owner. Seems like the OP is very early in the non-owner queue. I'm Dec-Feb, and I'm hoping for an invite by 2/28.

jsmay311

Country
Country
If they didn't care enough to have basic software stuff done before professional reviewers got the car -- who were going to broadcast that (sad) fact out to the whole world -- I doubt they'd hold up production (and thereby harm Tesla's financials) just for Joe Shmoe non-owner cuz he might tweet out to his 10 followers to complain about his not-yet-heated rear seats. :D

littlD

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
With reports from Electrek that 2nd day reservists (Tesla owners) are getting to order(https://electrek.co/2018/01/25/tesla-model-3-available-reservation-holders-check-your-account/), I called Tesla today (888) 51-TESLA.

I'm a non-owner.

Of course, they didn't give me a date. After I confirmed my delivery estimate (Jan-Mar), they told me to keep watching for the opportunity to order and that it should happen soon to coincide with my delivery estimate.

It won't be too much longer all, let's keep helping each other through the wait, it'll be WELL worth it!

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I think the car is close enough and the 23 month reservation holders are fanatical enough that there will be no delay. Once owner priority is cleared I’m sure they’ll go right into non-owner day 1 line waiters.

Status
Not open for further replies.