any love for Dual Motor non-Performance Model 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stlgrym3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
i just had mine delivered last week, loving it so far. however, i have a feeling this particular trim is like the middle child of the Model 3 lineup. people are either flocking to the budget mid-range RWD (or soon to be released SR RWD) or the Performance model. i've been on many Tesla forums and looks like not a lot of fanfare for the non-Performance Dual Motor.

Scubastevo80

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
That's what I ordered and have as well. I don't feel the need to be a stoplight hero so the extra 1 second zero to 60 time didn't appeal to me for $10k (this was before the free PUP was offered). I still would have stuck with this setup - it has more than enough go in any situation.

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
i just had mine delivered last week, loving it so far. however, i have a feeling this particular trim is like the middle child of the Model 3 lineup. people are either flocking to the budget mid-range RWD (or soon to be released SR RWD) or the Performance model. i've been on many Tesla forums and looks like not a lot of fanfare for the non-Performance Dual Motor.
Just check out the AWD Vin & Delivery Updates thread.... lots of love there. :)

Personally, I think AWD is an excellent middle-tier config... It gives you a lot of the oomph of the Performance model while freeing up more room in your budget for Autopilot and other options.

CaribbeanKing

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Add my name to the list of fans of this config. I would much rather spend the money on EAP (and in my case FSD). Also, the range is a huge deal for me as I have a long commute. The dual motor gives plenty of power. Sure, the Performance would have been an awful lot of fun for showing off, but I get plenty of respect with the dual motor.

stlgrym3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
kind of wish they have something on the exterior to distinguish Dual Motor from the RWDs. not that i need showing off or seeking approvals, but going from single motor to dual motor is a huge upgrade, it's not like going from Camry LE to XLE.

GateFather

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I also ordered an AWD LR non-performance and expect it 12/3. I couldn't justify an additional $11,000 (*as of today) for an extra 1 second 0-60. I got the larger wheels, color I like, EAP, a Tesla wall charger, floor mats, and a Jeda Wireless charging pad + quick charging combined for less than the performance upgrade. Think of how much more utility all of that will provide vs. $11 per ms of speed haha :)

MartyF

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have the Dual motor LR non-performance and am a big fan of this config. However, I do fully appreciate the benefits of the performance model. It did turn out that the non-performance was the sweet spot for my wife & I since we put the extra money towards the new boat we had been wanting. The best of both worlds for us. :cool:

Last edited:

MelindaV

☰ > 3
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
there's this thread with 4,180 posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.