Any good Tint places you'd recommend?

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

breadfan35

Country
Country
Once we take delivery, one of the first things I want to do is get the TM3 tinted. It has been yrs since I bought a new car so does anyone have any good recommendations for quality tint places? I'm mainly looking for places in and around DFW airport-ish, but will take greater DFW metroplex recommendations as well.

Thanks!

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Once we take delivery, one of the first things I want to do is get the TM3 tinted. It has been yrs since I bought a new car so does anyone have any good recommendations for quality tint places? I'm mainly looking for places in and around DFW airport-ish, but will take greater DFW metroplex recommendations as well.

Thanks!
I have posted about these guys before and several members have had their cars done there as well. @GDN and @Quicksilver to name a couple.

I took mine to Flexshield in Denton.
Mark Jones is the manager. They have now done about 15 model 3s by now. Mine was the first. I have used them for years and have been very happy.
They use a heat rejection film by Madico Called Wincos.
They do the rear in one piece. They charge $500 for the sides and the rear. $120 to add the sunroof portion. I added an eyebrow of tint to the top of the windshield for $40.
But they can also do the clear windshield tint. It was like 300 so I passed on that.
Here is their number

b95af8a4-3674-40be-8971-67130c229949-jpeg.13541

Last edited:

breadfan35

Country
Country
I have posted about these guys before and several members have had their cars done there as well. @GDN and @Quicksilver to name a couple.

I took mine to Flexshield in Denton.
Mark Jones is the manager. They have now done about 15 model 3s by now. Mine was the first. I have used them for years and have been very happy.
They use a heat rejection film by Madico Called Wincos.
They do the rear in one piece. They charge $500 for the sides and the rear. $120 to add the sunroof portion. I added an eyebrow of tint to the top of the windshield for $40.
But they can also do the clear windshield tint. It was like 300 so I passed on that.
Here is their number

View attachment 13541

Awesome! Denton is not too far from me so I will give them a look. Thanks!

JMZMartin

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Reservation
As a Denton resident I have to put in a plug: If you like good food and are into South American/Latin street food/fusion (sounds strange I know... but it's awesome.) stop by Boca 31 while you're in town. The owner is an awesome guy and his staff is top notch. It's small so not a great place for an M3 meetup. But their food is superb.

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I just gave Flexshield a call and talked to Mark. He said they'd do the doors, back, and roof for $699, and "throw in" the eyebrow, though that still works out to about the same as what @LUXMAN reported above.

He also claimed they were the only ones in Dallas who tint Model 3's, which sounded like a spurious claim to me. I haven't called anyone else yet, but I'd be a little surprised if I did and they said "Nope, we don't do Model 3s."

Also he said they won't do the center console wrap. I don't really trust myself to do that job, so I'm wondering who else to call.

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I just gave Flexshield a call and talked to Mark. He said they'd do the doors, back, and roof for $699, and "throw in" the eyebrow, though that still works out to about the same as what @LUXMAN reported above.

He also claimed they were the only ones in Dallas who tint Model 3's, which sounded like a spurious claim to me. I haven't called anyone else yet, but I'd be a little surprised if I did and they said "Nope, we don't do Model 3s."

Also he said they won't do the center console wrap. I don't really trust myself to do that job, so I'm wondering who else to call.
Yeah, I am sure others do Model 3s. Now I don't know who else does the rear in one piece, but there must be others.
I think the problem that guys were running into was some shops only had the standard size of tint rolls.
The Madico product they use is wide enough in its standard form to do the whole window in one piece.

breadfan35

Country
Country

I did my own console wrap. Like you, I was very hesitant as I don't tend to have success with this kind of stuff since I am too OCD about any imperfections. However, I was able to do it. The area around the cup holder is the worst part and I did end up screwing up the first one, (my kit came with two for the cup holder area) but all in all it wasn't too bad.

This was taken literally right after I installed it in my hot garage so I hadn't cleaned it up yet...

img_6824-jpg.14663

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Flexshield did my tint on Friday. My wife actually drove the car over there while I was at work. She said they were very friendly and helpful, even driving her to the nearby mall while she waited. So far I'm very pleased with the look. Did the sides and back. For now I'm still in the "it's curing, don't touch it" phase, so I haven't gone in and cleaned the interior and really taken a close look at their job. But, I'm pretty happy with it right now!

front-jpg.15657
back-jpg.15658

(As posted in another thread, I also did my own center console wrap in matte white, and that turned out well, too.)

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Are there any other options for xpel or a similar product for the front end? I checked with a few places listed off the site and these were the prices. Crossposted on TMC.

Someone else mentioned Glacier for Window tinting in Arlington also. That was $500-600.

Auto Design - Fort Worth
Partial hood, fenders mirrors - $250
Full hood, fenders, mirrors, - $675
Bumper - $425

DD Tint - Partial front 24" hood, , fenders, mirrors, bumper, headlights - 850
Full front - 1350
Xpel Prime XR window film - 500 + 200 for windshield and sunroof

Xpel Dallas - partial front - 995
Full front - 1995
Complete vehicle - 6600
10% military discount.

I want to find out more about auto design. Don't see many reviews, but DD Tint seems to be okay.

jasonm163

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Awesome! Denton is not too far from me so I will give them a look. Thanks!
We bought two sets from T-Sportline but significant other changed mind on getting the model 3 so that's why I have an extra set to sell.
Did you get yours tinted? How does it look? Considering going here myself. I just have never heard of the "wincos" window tint so I am a bit nervous if it is a good tint brand or not.

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Did you get yours tinted? How does it look? Considering going here myself. I just have never heard of the "wincos" window tint so I am a bit nervous if it is a good tint brand or not.
I posted up thread about FlexShield. I have been going there for years. Literally. They have done several of my cars in this tint. They did a Lemon of a Dodge:rolleyes: I had in 2011. They did my wife's PU in 2013 and it is still fabulous. They did my LEAF in 2015 and recently redid the back window after it was broken.
So I had no qualms about having them do my 3. They know exactly what to do. RUBY WOO was the first 3 they did back in March and have done several car for forum members since.
They can do the back window in one piece so you don't get a distracting line in the middle.
Several people have reported some shops unwilling/unable to do it in one piece, but they didn't hesitate. The whole job takes 3-4 hours. A little more if you have them do the sunroof like I did.

Here is a link to the Madico site and you can see the WINCOS tint.
http://www.madico.com/window-film/automotive/

IMO, there is allot of hype about Ceramic Tint. I asked about that and they had some good info about both kinds.

img_0691-jpg.17166
img_0693-jpg.17167
img_0694-jpg.17168
img_0695-jpg.17169

LUXMAN

Legendary Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Well, I have a problem with my tint. TOTALLY MY FAULT. :eek:
I moved my dashcam from the front to the rear window since the activation of the forward cam.
Well the cam had an error a couple days ago and I took it down to reset it and look what I did!

img_1601-jpg.17651

I took it back to FlexShield to see if they could fix it.
Apparently when I put the suction cup on there, it was over that defrost line. So when I clamped the suction cup, it sucked all the little bit of air along that line and bubbled the tint. It's like a big air pocket. That he could fix, but the ring is the adhesive that has separated from the tint and is now on the window. :(
So on Tuesday, they need RUBY all day to carefully remove the tint and put a new one on.
Self induced pain. I suggest you don't use a suction cup mount on tint, or at least on the lines of the defroster.
doh-png.17652