Any current owners tempted to sell —> get P AWD version?

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Rey

Country
Country
Yes, I am considering putting down a reservation for the Performance version. Given I don't have an X/S, I believe it would be two years to get it anyway.

Silvermagic3

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I had a similar thought, and a second reservation to configure, and we’re already ahead 10K from incentives...sooooo....
Just a reminder, you will have to pay back the $2500 from CA if you sell (or move out of state) with 30 months.
"Retain ownership of the vehicle in California for a minimum of 30 consecutive months immediately after the vehicle purchase"
[FONT=myriad-pro, Myriad Pro, PT Sans, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]https://cleanvehiclerebate.org/eng/eligibility-guidelines[/FONT]

SoFlaModel3

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Not I.

I already maxed the budget, the car is plenty fast, and with traffic and local roads I couldn’t use much more anyway.

SoFlaModel3

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Literally a performance Model 3 :) It will be worth it and it will be glorious.
I agree —

If you want to fastest, sportiest, electric sedan that money can buy — it’s the Model 3 Performance.

That fact that it’s very likely to exceed the base Model S means nothing as it’s consistent with BMW M, Audi S/RS, and Mercedes AMG where the smaller models with “performance” stretch past the base of the large sedans.

They are two completely different target audiences and that price overlap means nothing.

SolarPro

Country
Country
I agree —

If you want to fastest, sportiest, electric sedan that money can buy — it’s the Model 3 Performance.

That fact that it’s very likely to exceed the base Model S means nothing as it’s consistent with BMW M, Audi S/RS, and Mercedes AMG where the smaller models with “performance” stretch past the base of the large sedans.

They are two completely different target audiences and that price overlap means nothing.
Exactly.

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Yeah, I originally told myself I would get the base model no Autopilot Right now my first production with Autopilot is plenty more than I planned on spending plus I just love rear wheel drive so much If they made a performance rwd, maybe someday I would consider it, but that will probably never happen

Maevra

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
83k... that’s a lotta money but right around what I expected, bumping up against the base Model S config.

If I had an unlimited budget I'd go for a Perf Model 3 for “fun driving” and buy a non-P MS100D for roadtrips (need the cargo space). :)

Love

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I was really wanting the dual motors but didn't have the patience and got first production as soon as I could configure. I'd prefer the dual motors for the winters here (not looking to start a debate about RWD vs snow tires vs etc, lots of threads on that!), just a personal preference. I've got no interest in the P, beyond seeing the numbers it can produce and smiling at how that's pretty awesome. My car is plenty fast!

I'm not sure what I'm going to do but probably stand pat with HEAV3N and wait and see how things go. I caught the tail end of winter here (Feb. delivery) and things seemed fine... so we'll see.

Last edited: