Any Chance of a Federal ZEV incentive before end of 2018?

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Country
Country
Unfortunately I don't have any info for you. But I've never understood the whole rebate "game" - why not just make eligible cars tax-free/tax-discounted? They've gone VAT-free in Norway (along with no road tolls, muni parking, bus lane access etc) and I'd think that has done a lot of the heavy-lifting in terms of EV adoption in that country. It's a long shot but would love a Federal incentive to come just in time for the Model Y! :)

Country
Country
Unfortunately I don't have any info for you. But I've never understood the whole rebate "game" - why not just make eligible cars tax-free/tax-discounted? They've gone VAT-free in Norway (along with no road tolls, muni parking, bus lane access etc) and I'd think that has done a lot of the heavy-lifting in terms of EV adoption in that country. It's a long shot but would love a Federal incentive to come just in time for the Model Y! :)
From my own research, there were some discussions that the federal government could waive their 5% portion of HST for Zero Emission Vehicles sales. That would help a bit, but better than nothing I guess. I'm waiting till the end of 2018 to make another order of a Model 3, just in case.

x-cimo

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Lets say there was something announced starting Jan 1 2019, do you think the order time or the delivery time would be the date used?

I'm looking at getting a Model3 delivered for end of January, given the current delivery estimate I would have to order in December.

Country
Country
This is all hopeful speculation only.

Personally, I'm going to wait until the new year before ordering, just to make sure.

I was hoping someone in here has some inside information. :)