Current Android Mobile App Updates List - Newest 3.10.7 - Minor Fixes and Improvements / Upgrades (7/1/2020)

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

BluestarE3

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
BTW, during the chat I suggested they put 3.10.1 back up until they fix 3.10.2. May be just a coincidence, but it looks like they've done that now, at least for phones that already have the app installed. The Play Store now shows the Tesla app as installed and it's the 3.10.1 version. Previously, the installed app wasn't even showing up in the Store. Also, if you look at the app details in Android, it no longer says, "This app isn't compatible with your device anymore".

However, for an "incompatible" device that doesn't already have the app installed, it still isn't listed in the Play Store.

victor

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
BTW, during the chat I suggested they put 3.10.1 back up until they fix 3.10.2. May be just a coincidence, but it looks like they've done that now, at least for phones that already have the app installed. The Play Store now shows the Tesla app as installed and it's the 3.10.1 version. Previously, the installed app wasn't even showing up in the Store. Also, if you look at the app details in Android, it no longer says, "This app isn't compatible with your device anymore".

However, for an "incompatible" device that doesn't already have the app installed, it still isn't listed in the Play Store.
Yes, seems like it has changed this afternoon. Now on my computer it shows:

Updated: December 6, 2019
Size: Varies with device
Current Version: Varies with device

and on my phone:

Updated: Nov 22, 2019
Current Version: 3.10.2-388

Friedrich

TOO Supporting Member
Green Level Supporter
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Does your phone have an NFC chip? Version 3.10.2 supports it now and you can open and close a car by placing a phone at a B-pillar, like you do it with a key-card.
See, this is another reason that I'm glad to be part of this group. I would never have found out about the NFC feature, were it not for your post. Thank you for that! :) Activated NFC on my phone, works flawlessly.

Nautilus

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
View attachment 31054

So what's the blue line on the battery? Is that new?
Not new. When the battery is cold and a snowflake appears, signifying that not all energy stored in the battery is available to power the car, the blue line (actually segment) is a graphical representation of the % of energy stored in the battery that is currently unavailable to power the car until the battery warms up somewhat. Eyeballing your example, I'd guesstimate 3%-5%. As the battery warms, the blue segment shrinks until when it is gone, the snowflake also disappears. The battery typically doesn't have to warm up to the point that all the regenerative braking dots have vanished for the snowflake (and blue segment) to disappear, but it needs to be warmer than it currently is. I find that the battery needs to be colder than roughly 40F (give or take) for the snowflake to appear, whereas regenerative braking limitation dots appear below about 55F.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
So what's the blue line on the battery? Is that new?
Here's a post where I explain the difference between the snowflake and limited regen/accel dots.
Both can occur due to cold, but they are not directly related like that.

Snowflake
The snowflake means that the battery has potential chemical energy that currently cannot be accessed until the battery gets warmer. If you switch to the "Charging" screen on the car's display, you'll see that part of the "filled" section of the battery is blue. This represents energy that cannot be accessed currently, but will be accessible when the battery warms up.

Here's a Model S display, with a pretty low battery, and a rather large blue section: picture link
You can also see this "blue" section on your phone's charging screen:
View attachment 22895

Limited Regen and Acceleration
Limited regen and acceleration can happen for several reasons. If the battery SOC (state of charge) is low, the car will begin limiting acceleration. An overheated battery can limit both acceleration and regen. And also, a really cold battery can limit both acceleration and regen. If the limitation is due to being too cold, then the limits will continue to relax slowly as the car is driven (or as it is being charged) and the battery heats up. A limitation in regen and acceleration due to cold is Tesla protecting the battery from permanent damage. A cold battery cannot accept or deliver very high currents without risking damage.

So... what's the difference?
So at a fundamental level, the snowflake is telling you about energy contained in the battery, while the accel/regen limitation is a protection measure to prevent permanent damage to the battery. Both are related to cold, but not directly related to each other.

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Android app 3.10.3 is out with "minor fixes and improvements," along with the "Upgrades" option on the main menu.

There's no Apple Pay integration (as you'd expect), but you can pay by credit card.

20191220_085905-jpg.31279

Anyone susceptible to impulse purchases while bored and staring at their phones should probably avoid this screen. :)

hdgmedic

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Android app 3.10.3 is out with "minor fixes and improvements," along with the "Upgrades" option on the main menu.

There's no Apple Pay integration (as you'd expect), but you can pay by credit card.

View attachment 31279

Anyone susceptible to impulse purchases while bored and staring at their phones should probably avoid this screen. :)
Interestingly, it shows an "upgrade" for FSD on mine, for $4000. Only problem: I already have FSD. Weird.

BluestarE3

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Not really a fan of this new "upgrade" button, its non essential for driving and should a sub category of the "options" button.
Yeah, I understand their desire to generate more revenue by having an UPGRADE option prominently on the main app page, but maybe it should be listed below SCHEDULE SERVICE and ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE so that all the options for the operation and care of your car are grouped together.

WonkoTheSane

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
3.10.4 broke my car access. Now I need to wake my phone to get the car to unlock. Quite frustrating.
Samsung Galaxy 8+

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Ummm- not sure, it was just referenced in post #211, so figured it was out there. iOS updated earlier this week so figured it must have been a couple of days ago.
iOS updated on the 4th. I didn't see any update for Android when I checked last night and just now this morning.

Seems like Android updates have lagged iOS updates for the past few months (they used to be released in lockstep). I also recall people reporting that a recent Android update was no longer available, suggesting it may have been pulled... So maybe that happened here as well?

WonkoTheSane

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Calling @WonkoTheSane - can you give us some insight how and when you got the Android update? Seems maybe the update has been pulled.
Play Store says "Updated yesterday". I wonder, should I uninstall and reinstall?

What makes you think the update was pulled? Information in Play Store shows version is 3.10.4-396. My version is 3.10.4 (f5597473b)

Last edited:

BluestarE3

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I only show in Play Store the app dated from Dec 2019
Same here.

I wonder if it's Android version and/or hardware features related? I recall a couple months ago that I was not able to see 3.10.2 because my phone lacked NFC support (which was added with that app release).