Current Android Mobile App Updates List - Newest 3.10.5 - Minor Fixes and Improvements / Upgrades (4/21/2020)

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
So when I try to share my navigation directions I get an error "your vehicle does not support starting navigation from mobile device". I thought this feature would work already, or is it v9 dependent?
Can you please explain how this works? I tried with Google maps and did not see any option to share with the car.

SoFlaModel3

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Can you please explain how this works? I tried with Google maps and did not see any option to share with the car.
Tap the “share icon”, then in the first row slide all the way to the right and tap More. You’ll be able to turn on and place Tesla. You can see where I have it...

c8c6dc4d-62b7-4dd0-be8a-a4acbedd6711-png.15258

Edit — whoops forgot I was in the Android thread. I hope it works similarly.

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
From Google Maps, it's just as @SoFlaModel3 explained: tap Share, find the Tesla app in the tray (I had to scroll down to find it the first time), and tap it.

screenshot_20180929-133439_maps-jpg.15259

You can also do the same thing from your phone's contacts list, Waze, and any other app that lets you "share" an address or location.

Additional note: the first time I tried to share an address from Google Maps, I got an error saying that the Tesla app had to be running first. After launching the Tesla app, I got the expected error ("Your vehicle does not support..."). The app really should auto-launch from the shortcut, so hopefully Tesla will fix this in a subsequent release of the app.

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
From Google Maps, it's just as @SoFlaModel3 explained: tap Share, find the Tesla app in the tray (I had to scroll down to find it the first time), and tap it.

View attachment 15259

You can also do the same thing from your phone's contacts list, Waze, and any other app that lets you "share" an address or location.

Additional note: the first time I tried to share an address from Google Maps, I got an error saying that the Tesla app had to be running first. After launching the Tesla app, I got the expected error ("Your vehicle does not support..."). The app really should auto-launch from the shortcut, so hopefully Tesla will fix this in a subsequent release of the app.
Thanks. Tried and got the same message

SoFlaModel3

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Here's what I see when I click the three "ice cream dots"
View attachment 15290

Then, when I click on the "Tesla" app, I get this:
View attachment 15290
So, I'm thinking when v9 is up and running this will be running, too.
The release notes should indicate that the functionality cannot be used until v2018.39 or higher. It did on the iOS side anyway.

Bokonon

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Tesla Android App version 3.6.1 is now available.

Hoping that the "minor fixes and improvements" include more reliable Calendar sync and/or Summon...

EDIT: Woohoo, Calendar sync seems to be working a lot better now! Details in the V9 Calendar thread.

Last edited:

PNWmisty

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Route sharing works fine. Unfortunately, if I try to share a route with more waypoints than start and finish it doesn't work. I thought this might be a workaround for the fact that Model 3 doesn't allow you to create a route with multiple segments but, no.

Doug Joubert

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Ever since the 3.6.2 update, my phone will not unlock my M3 unless the phone itself is unlocked and the screen is on. I don't have to have the Tesla app actually opened on screen. Sometimes, that still doesn't work and I have to use the key card.

The phone app unlocking the car worked about 50-60% of the time before 3.6.2. Now, I'm lucky if it works 10-20% of the time.

I am NOT going to spend another $150 on a key fob that does what the phone app is supposed to do. I think $60,000 is enough for me to spend on a car.

TBH, I'm a little frustrated.

Doug Joubert

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
@Dave EV Yes, I've had battery optimization off for the Tesla app since 3.6. I have a Nexus 5X. My wife has an iPhone 6 and it does the same thing.

We also get the "No connectivity" warning consistently on the Model 3 screen. One time it didn't connect to LTE for an entire trip. I've already brought it up with Tesla and got no response.

Thanks for asking!

Jay79

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
So far I'm 10 days into owning my car and have had 100% success using my phone as the key. I've gone in and out of my car dozens of times daily playing around with things and installing some upgrades. I have a Galaxy 9+ and set the phone setting to un-monitor the Tesla App and also gave it permission do change anything it seems fit. I check it once a week to make sure the phone is still ignoring the app and never logout or turn Bluetooth off as well. I have not noticed any additional battery loss running Bluetooth 24/7, what ever the draw on the battery is its very minimal.

Bokonon

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Version 3.7.0 is out (h/t iChris93).

"You can now view nearby charging options in the Charging screen. Tap a location to start vehicle navigation. Note: Requires car software version 2018.48 or above."

Doug Joubert

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Here my latest:
  • Bought a new Pixel 3 and downloaded Tesla app
  • Model 3 software: 2018.42.3
  • Android software: 3.7.0
My phone has unlocked my car flawlessly every time since then. I keep it connected and see no battery loss.

Maybe it was just my old Nexus 5X that was the culprit. IDK, so I'll keep everyone updated.