Current Android Mobile App Updates List - Newest 3.10.5 - Minor Fixes and Improvements / Upgrades (4/21/2020)

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• A statement from the Founder of Tesla Owners Online:

TOO is, and remains, strongly committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and we see no place for hatred and discrimination in our communities.

Country
Country
3.3.6 just dropped.

Aside from the nicer looking screen that advises you to toggle airplane mode if you're having problems with the phone key (it was just a pop-up before) I don't know what changed...

Edit: the above info screen also has a "forget this vehicle" button which is also new, I think.

Last edited:

George K

Country
Country
I just picked up new model 3 last Saturday. The car has been great except for glove box not working (Tesla has ordered new glove box) and the phone as key is vary unreliable. I have a pixel 2XL phone. The car only reconies the phone about 50% of the time. It is vary frustrating when the car will not open and I have t wait for the AP to wake up and then click on the lock open or climate control for the AP to wake up and unlock the car. It would be nice if Tesla would come out with a real key Fab like most new cars have now.

PNWmisty

Legendary Member
Country
Country
the phone as key is vary unreliable. I have a pixel 2XL phone. The car only reconies the phone about 50% of the time. It is vary frustrating when the car will not open and I have t wait for the AP to wake up and then click on the lock open or climate control for the AP to wake up and unlock the car. It would be nice if Tesla would come out with a real key Fab like most new cars have now.
I think a Pixel 2XL should work as a reliable key. It's probably just a matter of adjusting the settings on your phone so Bluetooth doesn't go to sleep. Once that works you won't want a pesky key fob that only the dealer can configure for your car.

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Tesla App 3.4.1 is now available for Android as well. This version adds Speed Limit Mode for cars on firmware version 2018.24 or later.
  • Limit vehicle speed and acceleration with Speed Limit Mode. Maximum vehicle speed can be set between 50-90 mph (80-145 km/h).
  • NOTE: Requires vehicle software version 2018.24 or above.
Related note: There have also been reports that Firmware 2018.24 enables Summon for EAP-enabled Model 3s, which you can now do via the Tesla app! (Hat tip to @mlmowery!)

Last edited:

mlmowery

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Unsurprisingly, Tesla App 3.4.1 is now available for Android as well. This version adds Speed Limit Mode for cars on firmware version 2018.24 or later.
  • Limit vehicle speed and acceleration with Speed Limit Mode. Maximum vehicle speed can be set between 50-90 mph (80-145 km/h).
  • NOTE: Requires vehicle software version 2018.24 or above.
There have also been reports that firmware 2018.24 enables Summon for EAP-enabled Model 3s. So, while the app technically already has the ability to Summon Model S/X, the ability to summon Model 3 should become available as well once firmware 2018.24 is installed on the car.

If someone with 2018.24 and 3.4.1 could kindly confirm that they can, indeed, Summon their Model 3 from the app (seeing as how Model 3 doesn't have a keyfob), we can finally put this baby to rest!
I can confirm that 2018.24 does indeed enable the Summons feature on the app!

Attachments

slasher016

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Nice, hopefully I'll get this update soon (2018.24.) Would be really useful this weekend in the tight parking garage at the hotel I'm staying at...

GRiMm-V-

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Wasnt sure if someone's talked about this before, but while driving the car, if you open the app, the control buttons for frunk and trunk are active. Obviously I didnt press them, but isnt that a safety hazard? Atleast thats the case on my app 3.4.1

PNWmisty

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Wasnt sure if someone's talked about this before, but while driving the car, if you open the app, the control buttons for frunk and trunk are active. Obviously I didnt press them, but isnt that a safety hazard? Atleast thats the case on my app 3.4.1
You should test it out.

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I'll take a virtual "hit" for the team and speculate the trunk and frunk won't open unless it's in Park. So no safety hazard. I can't verify this as I'm away from the car but I'm 99.9238% sure.
Okay, had to test out your theory. Sorry but you are 100% incorrect. The app will open the trunk and funk in Drive and Reverse, the key is the car must be stopped. Any movement and it does not work.

PNWmisty

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Okay, had to test out your theory. Sorry but you are 100% incorrect. The app will open the trunk and funk in Drive and Reverse, the key is the car must be stopped. Any movement and it does not work.
OK, that makes sense. It always bugged me that the trunk of my Mazda will not open when in gear, even when stopped!

John

Tech Founder
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Doesn't 2018.24 also let you tap the wireless icon and use WiFi for updates?

slotti

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
So I am out off town, and since I left 2 days ago, my app cannot connect to the car. Just get the spinning wheel with "walking up", but it never connects. Anybody had that issue?

3V Pilot

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
So I am out off town, and since I left 2 days ago, my app cannot connect to the car. Just get the spinning wheel with "walking up", but it never connects. Anybody had that issue?
I had a similar issue when I was out of town for 2 weeks. After about a week the car would not wake up and I even called Tesla. They said they would attempt to wake it up but didn't seem like anything more that what I was doing with the app. No response from that but after another day or so it came back online. Does your car have good LTE signal where it is parked? Mine was in my garage and usually works but the signal strength is not great. In the end I assumed that was the issue.