Current Android Mobile App Updates List - Newest 3.10.4 - Minor Fixes and Improvements / Upgrades (2020-3-4)

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Got the new 3.10.2 update and so far buggy. Can't connect to my car so I tried to sign out/in but can't saying "Sign in failed. There was an issue retrieving your Tesla account products."

Rich M

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Mine wouldn't connect either, but I was in bluetooth range so I just did the door unlock/lock trick and it's been fine since.

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Can someone confirm that the app charging slider now shows your exact %/miles/km setting? That’s a nice new feature with the iOS 3.10.2 app.
Yep, it's there!

It does, but for some reason it keeps skipping over 90%.
Mine does something similar with 80%. It's probably somewhat a function of your phone's size and resolution. It would be nice if the % would snap to multiples of 5 or 10 within 1% (and below, say, 95%).

BluestarE3

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Is anyone else seeing the mobile app gone from the Google Play Store? I'm still on 3.10.1 and never got notification about an available update to 3.10.2, so I went to the store to see which version is listed there, only to discover that it's missing. If I go through Android Settings to get App Details for the Tesla mobile app, there's a warning that "This app isn't compatible with your device anymore". The installed version of the app still works fine though. I have a Moto G5+. I recall reading that the app disappeared from the store for a day or so back in the August timeframe, so maybe this is just a recurrence of that snafu?

slave0418

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Is anyone else seeing the mobile app gone from the Google Play Store? I'm still on 3.10.1 and never got notification about an available update to 3.10.2, so I went to the store to see which version is listed there, only to discover that it's missing. If I go through Android Settings to get App Details for the Tesla mobile app, there's a warning that "This app isn't compatible with your device anymore". The installed version of the app still works fine though. I have a Moto G5+. I recall reading that the app disappeared from the store for a day or so back in the August timeframe, so maybe this is just a recurrence of that snafu?
I had same problem with my Samsung. If you want that version, just download it to you phone overhere and install. I had same stupid message on my Samsung with Android 8.1.0 (App needs version 5 min.)
:Tesla 3.10.2-388 (Android 5.0+) APK Download by Tesla, Inc. - APKMirror

Last edited:

victor

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Does your phone have an NFC chip? Version 3.10.2 supports it now and you can open and close a car by placing a phone at a B-pillar, like you do it with a key-card.

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just turn the NFC on in settings. And that's it.
When using - turn a phone on, don't need to unlock it, but it will not work when a phone sleeps.
Amazing, I just tried it as described, and it worked! Car was asleep, Bluetooth was disabled, and Tesla app wasn't open. Tap. Boom. Just like a card.

And now it's downloading 36.2.4 too! :D

BluestarE3

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Does your phone have an NFC chip? Version 3.10.2 supports it now and you can open and close a car by placing a phone at a B-pillar, like you do it with a key-card.
No, my phone doesn't have NFC and, from discussions in the other forum, they've apparently made this a requirement for 3.10.2 without telling anybody. Just because they've added NFC support shouldn't mean it is also a requirement to install the latest release. If a phone doesn't have NFC, then it doesn't get to use NFC as a key; however, it still works as a Bluetooth key and all the other functionality of the app still work. It's like saying if my car doesn't have FSD, then I don't get any firmware updates.

I have 3.10.1 on my phone, so I'm fine for now. But for any new Tesla owners or any existing owners with a new phone that doesn't have NFC, they won't be able to install this app from the Play Store until Tesla fixes this. When the app went dark this past August, it was restored in a day. This time, it's been going on for almost a week. If Tesla's real intention is to prevent any non-NFC phone from using the app, then they should publish this as a minimum requirement.

BluestarE3

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just an update: The person I talked to on Chat said they are working on the incompatibility issue and the app should be back in the Play Store in a few days. Apparently, there's also a Bluetooth compatibility issue (in addition to NFC) that they're working on.