Current Android Mobile App Updates List - Newest 3.10.2 - Minor Fixes and Improvements (11/24/2019)

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

WonkoTheSane

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Updated to 3.8.4, opened the app and immediately got a firmware update notification. I currently have 12.1, I wonder what is being installed now.

scaots

Tesla Pilot, Owner, and Shareholder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Had mobile service today and tech said that they just enabled booking mobile service in app for some items so maybe that was part of the update. I didn't have the option when I scheduled through app (just requested mobile in notes and picked whatever appointment).

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Android app version 3.8.6 is now available in the Play Store with "Minor fixes and improvements."

Bokonon

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Version 3.9.0 is out with a couple of new features for Tesla Solar customers:
  • View your solar production for any historical day, month, year, or lifetime
  • Download your solar production and battery usage data

GRiMm-V-

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Version 3.9.0 is out with a couple of new features for Tesla Solar customers:
  • View your solar production for any historical day, month, year, or lifetime
  • Download your solar production and battery usage data
This is part of the migration of features from the now defunct MySolarCity app to the Tesla app

Bokonon

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Version 3.9.1 has been released with "minor fixes and improvements".

A few iOS users reported missing phone-key functionality under 3.9.0, not sure if any Android users encountered the same.

Bokonon

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
updated app today and now the phone doesn't work as a key....it will let me in the car but have to use the key card to start
Does your phone key show as "disconnected" in the app? Or is there no phone key setup at all anymore?

If your phone key is just showing as disconnected, try turning airplane mode on and off... that usually fixes it for me.

Bokonon

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
There were reports this app was removed from the Play Store. Possibly this version was to remedy that.
Yes, there are actually two releases of 3.9.1 (with different build numbers after the hyphen). Perhaps the phone key bug that affected some iOS users in 3.9.0 was discovered to affect Android installations as well after 3.9.1 was released (or that same fix caused a related a bug in the Android build).

tipton

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
wow, still no Android update for the app out? I have version 10 but no app update for some of the new features. EDIT - no idea why not showing in the play store but a new updated apk is on the various apk sites you can find via google. its out there.

Last edited:

NR4P

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
wow, still no Android update for the app out? I have version 10 but no app update for some of the new features. EDIT - no idea why not showing in the play store but a new updated apk is on the various apk sites you can find via google. its out there.
Play store updated my Android phone to 3.10 earlier today.

chaunceyg1

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I think there was an issue with the Play Store. Earlier today, my update history was blank as was my Installed page. I just got them all back and got a bunch of updates, but still no 3.10 Tesla.

tipton

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Bokonon

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I think there was an issue with the Play Store. Earlier today, my update history was blank as was my Installed page. I just got them all back and got a bunch of updates, but still no 3.10 Tesla.
Same experience. I checked the Play Store about two hours ago and it didn't find any updates. Checked again just now, and it found seven, including Tesla app 3.10.

Maybe Tesla tried to time 3.10 with today's release of V10, but forgot to set the "publish on" date in the App Store, so it published there as soon as it was approved?

chaunceyg1

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thank you for the APK! I've been searching for it. If you look at the Play Store app, it says last update was 9/22, and on the website it says 9/25, both with the same version number.