Current Android Mobile App Updates List - Newest 3.10.2 - Minor Fixes and Improvements (11/24/2019)

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
And Charging Complete notifications finally work again with car set to SoC display!
Even on ancient 2018.50.6 firmware.
They started working again for me too earlier today, with firmware 50.6 and app 3.8.1. Wherever the issue may have been, I'm glad it's finally fixed!

r-e-l

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
does the app takes notification for Sentry mode and by the any chance actually shares the pic/video its recording?

Bokonon

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
With the latest app update, there is a alarm notification option. Sentry mode will notify you when in the alarm state (motion is detected) and also notify once the alarm is triggered.
Very nice! Thanks for sharing these helpful screenshots... I just copied the whole post to the Sentry Mode thread.

Bokonon

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Tesla App version 3.8.3 is now available for Android. It nominally contains "minor fixes and improvements"... but let us know if you find any specific changes!

PNWmisty

Legendary Member
Country
Country
I upgraded my Android app today but has anyone else noticed the car is much more responsive in terms of waking it up using the phone app? I think I noticed the change a couple of weeks ago, perhaps with the 8.3 software update.

aronth5

Country
Country
I upgraded my Android app today but has anyone else noticed the car is much more responsive in terms of waking it up using the phone app? I think I noticed the change a couple of weeks ago, perhaps with the 8.3 software update.
Try using your after the car has gone into sleep mode and I suspect you will find there is no change in responsiveness. Historically this is what happens. I haven't seen any real change in responsiveness in the year I've owned my Model 3 even though there were multiple times when I thought so. True test for me as been to try in the morning and wake up time is still 25-40 seconds so we'll see what happens tomorrow. Hey, but maybe this time it will actually be faster.

PNWmisty

Legendary Member
Country
Country
Try using your after the car has gone into sleep mode and I suspect you will find there is no change in responsiveness.
I specifically noted the car is more responsive when waking it from sleep mode. I asked my wife if she noticed it with her RWD model and she said she did. She is still on 5.15 though.

Jay79

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Release notes on my Android simple state bug fixes and improvements. I'd imagine its also for enhanced summon functionality whenever that's released but that simply speculation on my part

Bokonon

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'd imagine its also for enhanced summon functionality whenever that's released but that simply speculation on my part
From what I understand, Enhanced Summon under firmware 2019.9 already works with app version 3.8.2... but I wouldn't be surprised at all if some of the "minor fixes and improvements" were related to Enhanced Summon based on feedback from the beta program.

LucyferSam

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I specifically noted the car is more responsive when waking it from sleep mode. I asked my wife if she noticed it with her RWD model and she said she did. She is still on 5.15 though.
The app waking and connecting to the car has definitely become more responsive, it used to take a few minutes to connect first thing in the morning, since this update it has been no more than 10-15 seconds.

aronth5

Country
Country
Try using your after the car has gone into sleep mode and I suspect you will find there is no change in responsiveness. Historically this is what happens. I haven't seen any real change in responsiveness in the year I've owned my Model 3 even though there were multiple times when I thought so. True test for me as been to try in the morning and wake up time is still 25-40 seconds so we'll see what happens tomorrow. Hey, but maybe this time it will actually be faster.
I am happy to report that for the first time in the year I've had my car my android phone does in fact actually open up more quickly on a consistent basis. Only once has it taken 25 seconds. 10 seconds and sometimes less is now the norm. Fabulous.

AugustaDriver

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Did anyone else lose the homelink button on the app? Previously it was in the upper right hand corner of the summon page but now its not there. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app but no change. The car has the homelink button and works fine opening and closing from in the car but now summon with the door closed will not work. Any suggestions?

Attachments

AugustaDriver

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Did anyone else lose the homelink button on the app? Previously it was in the upper right hand corner of the summon page but now its not there. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app but no change. The car has the homelink button and works fine opening and closing from in the car but now summon with the door closed will not work. Any suggestions?
Just solved my own problem, having recently had my MCU replaced I had lost the options on my summon page in the car. The default of use Auto homelink was off switching it back to on solved the problem.