Current Android Mobile App Updates List - Newest 3.10.2 - Minor Fixes and Improvements (11/24/2019)

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Rick Steinwand

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Here my latest:
  • Bought a new Pixel 3 and downloaded Tesla app
  • Model 3 software: 2018.42.3
  • Android software: 3.7.0
My phone has unlocked my car flawlessly every time since then. I keep it connected and see no battery loss.

Maybe it was just my old Nexus 5X that was the culprit. IDK, so I'll keep everyone updated.
I've had trouble unlocking my Model 3 twice with my Pixel 2 XL. Both times were several minutes after I had updated the Tesla app. Both times I was able to unlock the doors seconds after opening the Tesla app.

Bokonon

Self-identified Teslaholic
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Version 3.8.0 just hit the Play Store:

"When you precondition your vehicle, you can now turn on, off, or adjust any of your seat heaters. If it’s available in your car, you'll also be able to turn on your steering wheel heater. Note: Requires vehicle software version 2018.48.12 or later.

In addition, an indicator on the Inbox shows you when you have new messages."

You can also schedule a service appointment from within the app.

Last edited:

aronth5

Country
Country
The schedule service option displayed and brings up a screen to add a new appointment plus my last appointment date displayed.
However, when I clicked on add appointment I just got the circle of death. Elon said it wouldn't be available till next week so I'm assuming after Christmas day.

Rick Steinwand

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm having trouble selecting just the front seat warmers. Turning off the rears seems to toggle the driver off and I'm having take a lot longer time than it should take. I wish it would remember the previous setting.

r-e-l

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Anyone noticing/feeling a faster battery drain on their phone ever since the 3.8 version was updated?
Am running on Galaxy S9+.

I cant say for sure as its also the holidays and I have way more time to use the phone so maybe that is the reason.

<Joke:>

On the positive side - the car charges faster … I am starting to think the app transfer my phone battery via WiFi to the car ….

Bokonon

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Anyone noticing/feeling a faster battery drain on their phone ever since the 3.8 version was updated?
Am running on Galaxy S9+.
I haven't noticed any difference on my Galaxy S9. You can see how much of your phone's battery the Tesla app consumes by selecting Settings > Apps > Tesla. Alternatively, you can go to Settings > Device Maintenance > Battery to get an idea of which apps are using the most power on your phone and their average battery drain per hour. (Be sure to check the "Unmonitored Apps" section, which should also include the Tesla app.)

I cant say for sure as its also the holidays and I have way more time to use the phone so maybe that is the reason.
Anecdotally, I can report that the presence of certain family can indeed lead to an increase in overall phone usage. ;)

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
My phone started draining more quickly for the past week or so.

But it turned out to be some kind of bug in Waze. It was chewing up battery even though I hadn't used it for a week. Rebooting the phone fixed it.

tipton

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
for anyone that was going crazy turning off all the seat heaters each time like myself - if you long press the drivers seat everything turns off. they should really remember your settings on the app for seat heaters to make it easier. i'll never turn my back seat heaters on since they are filled with carseats

Bokonon

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
When are we going to get back the ability to turn the defrost on or off? Desperately needed when preheating the car.
Random question: do you have your climate control set to Auto or Manual?

I see the defrost icon intermittently but haven't been able to correlate it to temperature or any other condition so far.

Jason F

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Random question: do you have your climate control set to Auto or Manual?

I see the defrost icon intermittently but haven't been able to correlate it to temperature or any other condition so far.
I have had it both ways. Currently set to manual. This morning i was covered in Frost and ice. No way to turn on the defrosters until i got in the car. Preheating inside for 10 minutes did nothing. Door handles and trunk were frozen shut. But just took a little effort to break them free. Driver side window wouldn't go down either when i got to the gate 10 minutes later so had to open the door to give the guards my badge.

Bokonon

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Version 3.8.1 is now available with "minor fixes and improvements".

Perscitus

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hopefully one of the minor improvement/fixes is for the Estimated Range vs SoC bug affecting 'Charging Complete' notifications when set to SoC. Bet thats just wishful thinking though.

Bokonon

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Hopefully one of the minor improvement/fixes is for the Estimated Range vs SoC bug affecting 'Charging Complete' notifications when set to SoC. Bet thats just wishful thinking though.
I tested that out right after I installed the update. Alas, the bug remains.

Bokonon

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Seat heater controls seem less wonky... When you change the 🥓 level on a seat, it sticks, no more latency issues.

The defroster icon also reappeared for me today when preheating from 36 degrees. I hadn't seen it during preheating for a while, though I'm not sure whether that's related to the app update.