Current Android Mobile App Updates List - Newest 3.10.11-443 - Minor Fixes and Improvements / Upgrades (4/6/2021)

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, five years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to more features on the site. We now offer yearly memberships too! For more information visit this page:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Jeda - Tesla Tech Accessories

Aero-D

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Thanks to @Bokonon for creating and maintaining this thread.
Our Galaxy S7 just stopped working with the Tesla app. Tried to reinstall. Google Play displays "Error: Your device is not compatible with this item."
We have been using this phone as a key for 2 years. Obviously "something" changed.
Is there any information on what is "required" on the phone side for the Tesla App?
Is it version of OS, BT or some security protocol?

kornerz

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
It looks like the latest app has at least one notable improvement.
"Service" menu displays the last in-car alert on top:
1617949120993.png

Last edited:

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Our Galaxy S7 just stopped working with the Tesla app. Tried to reinstall. Google Play displays "Error: Your device is not compatible with this item."
We have been using this phone as a key for 2 years. Obviously "something" changed.
It may have been removed as a supported device because those phones haven't received any security updates for over a year.

SimonMatthews

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
It may have been removed as a supported device because those phones haven't received any security updates for over a year.

I was using a phone that had not received updates for 3 years, until it died a month back.

The app is supposed to be compatible with Android 5 and up, which is really old, so I think that being a year past the last update is unlikely as a reason not to install.

Aero-D

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I was using a phone that had not received updates for 3 years, until it died a month back.

The app is supposed to be compatible with Android 5 and up, which is really old, so I think that being a year past the last update is unlikely as a reason not to install.
Thanks @garsh and @SimonMatthews. Helpful insights. Just wish I knew what it was.
Now I'm thinking: If Samsung isn't maintaining security on this phone maybe it's a wake-up call that it's not safe to use.

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Now I'm thinking: If Samsung isn't maintaining security on this phone maybe it's a wake-up call that it's not safe to use.
Yep. Unfortunately, that's the reality of smartphones. Pessimists will call it "planned obsolescence", but when companies like Qualcomm that produce most of the ICs that control wireless transmission/reception refuse to update drivers to work with newer versions of the Linux Kernel (i.e. those with security fixes), there's not a whole lot a vendor like Samsung can do.

It's time for you to upgrade.

SimonMatthews

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Yep. Unfortunately, that's the reality of smartphones. Pessimists will call it "planned obsolescence", but when companies like Qualcomm that produce most of the ICs that control wireless transmission/reception refuse to update drivers to work with newer versions of the Linux Kernel (i.e. those with security fixes), there's not a whole lot a vendor like Samsung can do.

It's time for you to upgrade.
Samsung make their own processors (Exynos) and Google will soon. Hopefully, Google will support their Pixel phones for longer.

Reactions: garsh

Rick Steinwand

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Just installed 3.10-13-469.

Again: "minor fixes and improvements".

(Tap the arrow by "What's New" to see what's new.)