Current Android Mobile App Updates List - Newest 3.10.11-443 - Minor Fixes and Improvements / Upgrades (4/6/2021)

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, five years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to more features on the site. We now offer yearly memberships too! For more information visit this page:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Jeda - Tesla Tech Accessories

StromTrooperM3

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Update the app but the version stayed the same. 3.10.5
3.10.5 is current

Screenshot_20200430-224336_Chrome.jpg

Q Continuum

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
No
Being a Systems Analyst by 'trade' I decided to sit in a local car park today and diagnose the issue why Smart Summon (SS) fails. First I tried it some more and it failed as usual. Then I studied every little thing. Maps and the Tesla app showed me in the correct spot. It floated from time to time, but was mostly stable. I got SS to work one time briefly when the blue dot, red triangle and target all fell within the circle which was a clue. I then repeatedly entered the SS screen and noted the app drew a blue line some 300 metres north of me and centred on it. I switched to come to me and it centred on my blue dot. It occurred to me that the app was not positioning using GPS correctly. (It always works on regular summon too which is a clue; it does not use GPS). So it was not processing the GPS correctly. Since it's critical on timing to work, I focused on my phone time settings and made two changes. I switched to a 24hr format to match my car. I also flipped to cloud time rather than the phone. My thinking was the time difference between my phone & the cloud may be causing a GPS processing error; perhaps by 300 metres. BINGO! It worked. SS worked reliably after that. So ensure you pick up the world time. Don't use the internal phone clock. (Not sure the 24hr mode is essential.)

Last edited:

Q Continuum

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
No
Just checked Play Store and it said the app had an update. Update the app but the version stayed the same. 3.10.5
When you check "What's new" says Last Updated April 14, 2020. Not the first time this has happened.
Yep updated already. Thanks. I have solved it. Switched phone to to cloud time. The SS target kept positioning me outside the circle shown by a blue line going nowhere; some 300m north - GPS timing/processing issue when using phone time rather than world time.

StromTrooperM3

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
So ensure you pick up the world time. Don't use the internal phone clock. (Not sure the 24hr mode is essential.
My phone was set to use network time. I changed it to {1} phone time. Closed and reopen the Tesla app.. No change

Enabled {2} 24 hour time, closed and reopened... No change

Thanks for the time testing and a detailed write-up. What kind of phone are you using?

Edit: Note 10+ on VZW

Screenshot_20200502-122828_Settings~2.jpg

Last edited:

Avid

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
3.10.6 is out now. Minor fixes and improvements.

Last edited:

aronth5

Country
Country
Just installed 3.10.6 (android) and don't recall seeing Service History before with the capability to view the invoice.
Didn't notice any other changes in the UI.

Rick Steinwand

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Just installed 3.10.6 (android) and don't recall seeing Service History before with the capability to view the invoice.
Didn't notice any other changes in the UI.

I had service last week, and just installed 3.10.6 now. I had service history before today's update. I viewed my service invoice from the app last week.

Garlan Garner

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I have a Note 10+. I've been noticing strange issues from the "location" tab in the app. The blue gps dot floats all around the screen. The red triangle now consistently shows my car parked inside my house instead of the garage.

I don't use it often so I'm not sure when it started. It used to be dead accurate though.

Only real change is hw3...

Tried recalibrating GPS on my phone. Updated the app today. Deleted the app and reinstalled. Still inaccurate.

Haven't tried Smart Summon with hw3 yet

I have a Note 10+ as well.

All is well with smart summon etc.

I did notice that my app has a new "come to me" button on the main screen

WonkoTheSane

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Sorry if this has been reported before, but in 3.10.7 it incorrectly shows the status of Sentry mode. Have others seen this?

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Haven't seen this before, what does it mean?
It means that there is a problem with the superchargers at that location, and they may be out of service.
If you're only a mile away, you should go check it out and see if that's right. :)

I've seen that symbol on the car's navigation screen (look right behind the car's location).
I had planned on visiting that supercharger during my drive home, and the car wouldn't route me towards it.
I had a somewhat stressful drive back home that day. ;)

Rick Steinwand

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
It means that there is a problem with the superchargers at that location, and they may be out of service.
If you're only a mile away, you should go check it out and see if that's right. :)

I've seen that symbol on the car's navigation screen (look right behind the car's location).
I had planned on visiting that supercharger during my drive home, and the car wouldn't route me towards it.
I had a somewhat stressful drive back home that day. ;)

It might mean that it still works, but at a slower rate.