Ambient lights

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I think I’m having issues with my ambient lights.

Under what conditions are the footwell (under the dash) light supposed to be on?

I didn’t really notice until I did an led upgrade from ambient ocean. After the upgrade I realized they weren’t working most of the time. I swapped back in the OEM bulbs - same issue.

Sometimes they are when I open the door, sometimes they don’t turn on with the door. They are never on when the car is in gear. They don’t seem connected with the ambient light button.

Any ideas?

iluvmacs

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Same issue here (and coincidentally also didn't notice until after Abstract Ocean upgrade... the extra brightness must just draw one's attention!). When I first get in the car every day, they are open. I put it in R or D, and they fade off. They don't come back on again when I put it in P. Seems to take a car sleep/wake cycle to get them back again.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Same issue here (and coincidentally also didn't notice until after Abstract Ocean upgrade... the extra brightness must just draw one's attention!). When I first get in the car every day, they are open. I put it in R or D, and they fade off. They don't come back on again when I put it in P. Seems to take a car sleep/wake cycle to get them back again.
This is EXACTLY my experience also. I have a tech coming out next week for some other things. I’ll mention this and see what happens.

iluvmacs

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
AO has a note on their site now:
For Model 3, Please note, some of the more recent Model 3 builds are having issues with our lights in the front footwells. Model 3 uses virtual, or solid-state fuses, read more about those here, and we think it's related, they seem to be very sensitive. We are working on a revised resistor design that should resolve the issue, but for now if you want the front footwell lights to work reliably, we recommend keeping the factory lights. All other locations are fine, it's just the front footwells.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
AO has a note on their site now:
For Model 3, Please note, some of the more recent Model 3 builds are having issues with our lights in the front footwells. Model 3 uses virtual, or solid-state fuses, read more about those here, and we think it's related, they seem to be very sensitive. We are working on a revised resistor design that should resolve the issue, but for now if you want the front footwell lights to work reliably, we recommend keeping the factory lights. All other locations are fine, it's just the front footwells.
Thank you for the update. That really bums me out. I hope the set I have on order from RPM Tesla won’t have these issues

bmoffett

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Thank you for the update. That really bums me out. I hope the set I have on order from RPM Tesla won’t have these issues
This is exactly what happened to me. I put in the AO footwell lights, and the next day they stopped working. Switched back to the factory lights but still no work. Did yours ever come back?