Ambient light Upgrade M3

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just to clarify, laser doesn’t make any sound.
Thanks for the response! I was just going to use a usb adapter for this but will this keep the light on all the time/ make it not controllable with the 'Ambient lights' button? I assume the only way to control it through the screen is to splice it into one of the ambient light power sources, correct?

Djgabriel2004

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Thanks for the response! I was just going to use a usb adapter for this but will this keep the light on all the time/ make it not controllable with the 'Ambient lights' button? I assume the only way to control it through the screen is to splice it into one of the ambient light power sources, correct?
I have for sale 12v lasers (you don’t need the USB converter)
and yes. If you want it to be controlled with the ambient light button (or turn on/off when open/close the door) you need to splice it in the Ambient light circuit.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I have for sale 12v lasers (you don’t need the USB converter)
and yes. If you want it to be controlled with the ambient light button (or turn on/off when open/close the door) you need to splice it in the Ambient light circuit.
Would this be the plug-in-play solution mentioned? Or will this require the same work you described in the original post?

Djgabriel2004

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Less work in the connections (not need to remove the door panel) but u still have to lay the fiber and connect it.. or plug it in the lighter for a manual turn on/off mode

PLUR

Country
Country
SR / SR +

I recently got time to add more lights to my car. I added a small light that shines down the phone charging area. I also added two lights that shines down for the rear passenger seats.

I used the 12v VCLeft Remote (red wire) as power. This powers the light on when car starts and powers off the light when right away when I leave the car. You just run the wires around the trim of the car.

The rear pic seem brighter than it is but can be adjustable based on the aim of the led..

The light for the front that hides under the screen can be brought from here for a 3 pack: prewired mount leds

You can use two of the remaining pack to light the two seat for the rear or you can buy two of these which also works for rear.

Attachments

marke5860

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
SR / SR +

I recently got time to add more lights to my car. I added a small light that shines down the phone charging area. I also added two lights that shines down for the rear passenger seats.

I used the 12v VCLeft Remote (red wire) as power. This powers the light on when car starts and powers off the light when right away when I leave the car. You just run the wires around the trim of the car.

The rear pic seem brighter than it is but can be adjustable based on the aim of the led..

The light for the front that hides under the screen can be brought from here for a 3 pack: prewired mount leds

You can use two of the remaining pack to light the two seat for the rear or you can buy two of these which also works for rear.
PLUR,
This is exactly what I want for the phone area which is hard to see at night. Can you give more details on where you ran the wires to power?

Mohammad

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Less work in the connections (not need to remove the door panel) but u still have to lay the fiber and connect it.. or plug it in the lighter for a manual turn on/off mode
Can you upload a video displaying how to connect the EL wire to the ambient circuit?
Does your plug and play solution come with detailed instructions?

Cintoman

Country
Country
I too have been looking to do this mod, but was hesitant to pop out the door panels for tapping the small LED in the doors. @Djgabriel2004 , are you still selling the laser wire kit with the plug-n-play connectors? And like the above post, do they come with some good instructions? How difficult is it to install? I really like the laser wire because it's really tough to see it in the air vent, even during the day.

Thanks,
Cintoman

Djgabriel2004

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
I too have been looking to do this mod, but was hesitant to pop out the door panels for tapping the small LED in the doors. @Djgabriel2004 , are you still selling the laser wire kit with the plug-n-play connectors? And like the above post, do they come with some good instructions? How difficult is it to install? I really like the laser wire because it's really tough to see it in the air vent, even during the day.

Thanks,
Cintoman
Hi, Yes there’s a way to install it without removing the door panel. I provide detailed instructions. And yes I have Blue in stock available at this time

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Are you only intending to provide instructions of how to do this with the product you're selling or will you be posting it here? I know many people would not want to source all the items (laser wire, connectors, etc) themselves but for those of us who like a good DIY it would be super helpful. Love the look of this!

Djgabriel2004

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Are you only intending to provide instructions of how to do this with the product you're selling or will you be posting it here? I know many people would not want to source all the items (laser wire, connectors, etc) themselves but for those of us who like a good DIY it would be super helpful. Love the look of this!
I’ve listed everything you need in my first post.
are you planing to crimp the connectors by yourself? You can do it if you want but you will need special tools.
The only difference between the modules I sell is the voltage. The ones In The link are USB so you need a 12v to USB converter. The ones I sell are 12v

Also we designed the multicolor one so I’m the source😉

eXntrc

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@Djgabriel2004 how does this Multicolor laser work? At first I thought it was the same one I mentioned in this post, but that one can only do two colors. The one you showed in your Instagram video seems to be full RGB. If so, I'm very interested in this. How can I get on your pre-order list?

Also, how do you pick which colors it will be? Does it change color schemes each time you toggle ambient light or start the car? I'd love to be able to change the colors, but I wouldn't want it changing every time I drive.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
The one thing that has prevented me from doing this with EL Wire is the high-frequency noise from the inverter that everyone reports hearing. I am easily annoyed by these sounds and I was wondering if the Laser wire solution has the same issue?
I stuffed the inverter in s Styrofoam box and shoved it under the HVAC blower unit. I don't hear the buzzing at all. The light looks super nice and soft on the eye from dawn to dusk. I'm glad I went with the EL to be honest.

Djgabriel2004

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
@Djgabriel2004 how does this Multicolor laser work? At first I thought it was the same one I mentioned in this post, but that one can only do two colors. The one you showed in your Instagram video seems to be full RGB. If so, I'm very interested in this. How can I get on your pre-order list?

Also, how do you pick which colors it will be? Does it change color schemes each time you toggle ambient light or start the car? I'd love to be able to change the colors, but I wouldn't want it changing every time I drive.
Its RGB Bluetooth enabled so you can control the color with an app or make it fade between the colors. Everything is controlled from the app.
it has memory so let’s say you are using it Red Fixed it will stay that color no matter how many times you turn it off/on from the Ambient lighting button or lock and unlock the doors.

Actually EL is good for the price but Laser is the next level.

you can send me a DM and I’ll send you a PayPal invoice.m for Early December Shipping

Djgabriel2004

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Single color module (blue) 12v with 2m of connectorized fiber $99 in stock now

Multicolor RGB (Million color combinations) with 2m of Connectorized Fiber plus Bluetooth module $499 preorder (shipping Early December)
Regular price $699

Mod: Feel free to remove this post if violates the Forum rules.

Last edited:

Cintoman

Country
Country
Another question @Djgabriel2004 ....what do you use to stick the laser wire to the air vent? I know it's pretty thin and nearly invisible. Wondering if it's stretched tight and held just by sliding it thru the tiny panel gaps at the very ends of the instrument panel.

Still need to get OK from the wife on buying this mod :)

--Cintoman

Djgabriel2004

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model S
Country
Country
Another question @Djgabriel2004 ....what do you use to stick the laser wire to the air vent? I know it's pretty thin and nearly invisible. Wondering if it's stretched tight and held just by sliding it thru the tiny panel gaps at the very ends of the instrument panel.

Still need to get OK from the wife on buying this mod :)

--Cintoman
Just lay the fiber and it will stay there. However We use crystal silicone (put between the thumb and index finger and pass the fiber though them) That way it will make it Sticky and It won’t move
crystal silicone is easy to remove in case you want to. and of course it won’t leave any marks in the car.
Your wife will love it 😉

I’ve posted a new video on twitter showing how it change colors With the app:
Link here

Last edited: