Am I the only One?

Reliev

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Was wondering if I'm the only one who does this, today I was supposed to charge.But tomorrow I know I'm hitting a tesla destination charger at a restaurant so instead of charging at home I am going to wait until I get to the destination charger. I am doing this to save a couple of bucks as well as find out their charging rate.

NR4P

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Have you checked some of the apps for the charge rate?
Chargehub or Plugshare may show it and have feedback from others.

Reliev

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
sorry, I should have clarified there is a lot of FREE destination chargers here.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
In most cases you’re talking about saving $1-2 of electricity from your previous days commute perhaps even less but yes I’ve done it. Not to save the money, but for the fun of using public charging :cool:

bradkeller

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Yea, I do it too. I figure that once a few hundred thousand more Teslas get on the road, people will stop offering free charging. So, I might as well get while the getting's good -- even if it's just a few bucks here and there.

Defjukie

Country
Country
I do it all the time. Only charge at home if I'm extremely low (less than 100 miles).

This car will eventually pay for itself! $4 at a time...

Twiglett

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
I also do it all the time, but make a point of letting the folks at the destination know why I'm there.
Usually its places that I only found because they had a charger, so I let them know that as well.
Literally "Hey, thank you for letting me charge, we only found out about you because your destination charger shows up in our car's Nav and on Tesla's website"

Interestingly, I've been at some places and seen other Tesla's drive up and noticed our car plugged in, only to drive off again. I'm not that crazy about it.
The last winery we visited, there was another Model 3 plugged in, so we hung out until they left and got a good two hours charge while tasting awesome wine, whats not to love?