Am I missing clips in rear wheel fender?

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I took delivery of my Model 3 yesterday and did not get home until about 1 am. Needless to say, I hit a few bugs on the way home so I just got finished cleaning the car. While cleaning, I noticed what appears to be holes for clips in the rear wheel fender liner but there are no clips; same on both sides. Is this normal? Also, is the liner normally made of this material, seems like trunk liner, instead of a hard plastic?

Lovesword

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Definitely looks like it. I’ll confirm tomorrow with pics if you don’t have other replies by then affirming. (Headed to bed now, or would go out and look now, sorry)

Lovesword

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@iChris93 yes your are missing hardware. I have no open/empty holes on either side.
Here is a pic I took I think compares directly to one of yours. Let me know if you would like others, but I think this is enough to ring the SC and have a ranger come out.
d3a13722-b721-40be-b205-20d838da6206-jpeg.12244

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@iChris93 yes your are missing hardware. I have no open/empty holes on either side.
Here is a pic I took I think compares directly to one of yours. Let me know if you would like others, but I think this is enough to ring the SC and have a ranger come out.
View attachment 12244
Thanks! I think that’s perfect. I reached out last night but haven’t heard anything back yet.

Hopefully I’m not missing anything else.

Sandy

One obsession to the next
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I took delivery of my Model 3 yesterday and did not get home until about 1 am. Needless to say, I hit a few bugs on the way home so I just got finished cleaning the car. While cleaning, I noticed what appears to be holes for clips in the rear wheel fender liner but there are no clips; same on both sides. Is this normal? Also, is the liner normally made of this material, seems like trunk liner, instead of a hard plastic?

Chris, Rear wheel well liners have been made of this type of material for quite a while now. It’s not actually a fabric but a composite material. It acts as both a liner and more importantly for sound deadening.
You are definitely short a handful of 2 piece pushpins. Or should I say the guy installing the liner at the factory was short of them!

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Just looked at mine, and it is also missing the clips. Did you get your's repaired with a ranger?
Not yet. Hadn’t heard back from them until I sent another email today and they left a voicemail I haven’t gotten back to yet.

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Chris, Rear wheel well liners have been made of this type of material for quite a while now. It’s not actually a fabric but a composite material. It acts as both a liner and more importantly for sound deadening.
You are definitely short a handful of 2 piece pushpins. Or should I say the guy installing the liner at the factory was short of them!
Good to know. The most modern car I’ve had, to this to this point, was an 05 Mercedes C240 and I don’t think it had this material.

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
A ranger is coming out next Tuesday to take care of it.
The ranger came out yesterday and I now have clips in the rear! But I discovered missing plastic nut things in the front that he ordered.

Attachments

Last edited:
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I just noticed that I am missing a couple of clips in the rear myself. How do you request for Mobile service/ranger?

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
thanks, @iChris93 - I have been talking with mine for some other issues I noticed, planning to take my car in to their center next Friday. hopefully its okay to leave them open like that till then.
I put about 1400 miles on the car with them open and I don't think it was an issue.

What other problems have you had?

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I see. Thanks!

Other issues are the usual suspects:
1) small paint smudge
2) driver side DRL (eye-lash shaped led lights), are dimmer -t his is a bummer because I have ppf on the lights and the front.

How about you?

Country
Country
So odd, I'm missing the exact same clips on my car. I also noticed when I was installing a hitch that I'm missing a bolt on the underside skid plate too. My car must have been built on a Friday afternoon during the big production push....lots of minor but annoying assembly goofs throughout.

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I see. Thanks!

Other issues are the usual suspects:
1) small paint smudge
2) driver side DRL (eye-lash shaped led lights), are dimmer -t his is a bummer because I have ppf on the lights and the front.

How about you?
I have not noticed any other issues. I think I've been pretty lucky.

iChris93

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
good.
wonder if the missing clips are assembly line specific - is yours MSM?
Yup, MSM VIN 37XXX.

When I originally contacted my delivery advisor, he said none of the cars they had ready for delivery had them.