Mad Hungarian

Resident M3OC Wheel/Tire Guru
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Replica R241 is what I was looking for.
When will this wheel be available?
And I want to know how this actually looks like.
Do you have a picture of this mounted on Model 3?
Are you planning to release another color?
We have no real pictures (yet) but you can see a digital render on a Model 3 with our visualizer software (once you see the wheel image, just click on the little car icon below it).
First batch of the grey version shown will arrive in early August, we have now also added a Satin Black version that's expected sometime in late October or early November.

Kimmo57

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I really like those Arachid-replicas. Too bad they don't come in 18", so I bought something else instead. But those really look sweet!
R241 looks good, too!

silent_mph

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
You and @garsh are both correct, there is no additional step in the FC04 center bore as its 72.6 mm opening is already larger than the 70.2 mm first "step" of the Performance hub. However it does require a centering ring to ensure it is perfectly centered.
If you're not running any spacers the centering ring will be sitting directly on the stepped hub. There are two possible solutions:

1. Remove the chamfered protruding outer edge from a standard 72.6-64.1 mm ring so it can sit a little deeper in the wheel as shown in the 0-60 video we did last year (segment starts at 12m25s)

2. Use a special centering ring with the additional 70.2 mm relief machined into it, we offer one made exactly for this purpose (seen below) part number 872702641C

View attachment 27205
So just to clarify, I'm putting Mountain Pass rotors on my Performance M3, which they say gets rid of the 3mm lip issue (and it moves the wheel our 4mm). I want to put FC04 19" wheels on it all around. Do I still need a centering ring for each wheel? Also should I order FC04 or FC04A? @Mad Hungarian please help clarify as I'm looking to order soon.

Mad Hungarian

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
So just to clarify, I'm putting Mountain Pass rotors on my Performance M3, which they say gets rid of the 3mm lip issue (and it moves the wheel our 4mm). I want to put FC04 19" wheels on it all around. Do I still need a centering ring for each wheel? Also should I order FC04 or FC04A? @Mad Hungarian please help clarify as I'm looking to order soon.
With the FC04 you will always need a centering ring on Model 3, the only difference is if you eliminate the 70.2 mm lip by installing the thicker Mountain Pass rotors you don't need the specially machined rings that accommodate that lip, you can use any regular 72.6-to-64.1 mm centering rings. Just make sure the dealer you're ordering from understands this, because if they look your car up in our application system it will of course tell them they need the special ring.

FC04 and FC04A both work perfectly on the Model 3, the only difference is the lug holes on the FC04A are drilled in-house on demand, this allows us to offer a little more choice in some sizes and colors that otherwise wouldn't be viable if we had to do full production runs at the factory.

doghouse33

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Mad Hungarian,

Any possibility of FC04 or Replika 241 coming in Hyper Silver? Maybe there are some other old schoolers like me that still like the brighter look. Minimal brake dust from our Teslas will ensure the rims stay bright and shiny all the time.

Skione65

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country

Skione65

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
Replica R241 is what I was looking for.
When will this wheel be available?
And I want to know how this actually looks like.
Do you have a picture of this mounted on Model 3?
Are you planning to release another color?
@Mad Hungarian,

Satin and Gloss Black availability would probably make this a huge seller! Same with the EV01 as well.

Ski

Mad Hungarian

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@Mad Hungarian,

Satin and Gloss Black availability would probably make this a huge seller! Same with the EV01 as well.

Ski
Definitely doing both for the R241 Turbine, but the EV01 is a MUCH bigger project with a lot more sizes/skus and upfront costs. We need that one to walk before it can run :)

Mad Hungarian

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Mad Hungarian,

Any possibility of FC04 or Replika 241 coming in Hyper Silver? Maybe there are some other old schoolers like me that still like the brighter look. Minimal brake dust from our Teslas will ensure the rims stay bright and shiny all the time.
We did actually include a silver choice for the R241 when we polled on finish preferences back in the spring and unfortunately it finished dead last :(. Old-school silvers are a tough sell these days, but what with everything in wheel fashion being so circular (see what I did there?) it will no doubt come back. I'm already seeing tiny pockets of it reappearing here and there, so probably not far away.

Mad Hungarian

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
@Mad Hungarian,

Ian! Do you have Spec Sheets on both of these yet? I.e. weights, offsets and such? Thanks! I’m assuming both flow forged?

Ski
Both are indeed flow-formed and the final weights for both in 18x8.5 is expected to be a few ounces under the naked OE Aero, so a bit less than 21.5 lbs. Both have +40 offsets.
Should have the 19x8.5 and 20x8.5 specs for the R241 shortly.

Last edited:

silent_mph

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
With the FC04 you will always need a centering ring on Model 3, the only difference is if you eliminate the 70.2 mm lip by installing the thicker Mountain Pass rotors you don't need the specially machined rings that accommodate that lip, you can use any regular 72.6-to-64.1 mm centering rings. Just make sure the dealer you're ordering from understands this, because if they look your car up in our application system it will of course tell them they need the special ring.

FC04 and FC04A both work perfectly on the Model 3, the only difference is the lug holes on the FC04A are drilled in-house on demand, this allows us to offer a little more choice in some sizes and colors that otherwise wouldn't be viable if we had to do full production runs at the factory.
Thanks a lot. That's exactly what I was looking for.

doghouse33

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
We did actually include a silver choice for the R241 when we polled on finish preferences back in the spring and unfortunately it finished dead last :(. Old-school silvers are a tough sell these days, but what with everything in wheel fashion being so circular (see what I did there?) it will no doubt come back. I'm already seeing tiny pockets of it reappearing here and there, so probably not far away.
Thank you, for your informative, yet disappointing, reply.

old schooler

Last edited:

P-Lo801

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Forgestar CF5V
19x8.5 et32

I finally got my wheels that I ordered NINE weeks ago. I love the wheels, but I'm not as pleased with the Double Dark Tint finish. I was hoping it would have turned out darker. I may opt to powder coat them, or just cheap out on plastidip. I don't dislike the finish, I'm just not wowed by it because I want more contrast.

newwheels-jpg.27512

img_20190708_164437-jpg.27511

syc1

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Forgestar CF5V
19x8.5 et32

I finally got my wheels that I ordered NINE weeks ago. I love the wheels, but I'm not as pleased with the Double Dark Tint finish. I was hoping it would have turned out darker. I may opt to powder coat them, or just cheap out on plastidip. I don't dislike the finish, I'm just not wowed by it because I want more contrast.

View attachment 27512

View attachment 27511
I'm looking for new tires. How are the tires you have compare to stock in terms of noise, comfort, and handling?

P-Lo801

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'm looking for new tires. How are the tires you have compare to stock in terms of noise, comfort, and handling?
I've only tested them out for about 20 miles. But so far, the tires ride smoother and quieter overall, which is more noticeable in city driving, and only marginally on highway compared to the stock Aeros. This is still a total win for me because my aim was to keep the ride quality and range as close to OEM as possible, esp since I was moving up from 18s. I can't quite comment on the range yet because I've been testing out the tires with spirited driving.

For what it's worth, I narrowed my choices down to my current set (Continental PureContact LS), Vredestein Quatrac 5, or the Pirelli P7 A/S+. I went with these because of a combination of reviews on tirerack, brand recognition (Continental has always exceeded my expectations from previous experience), cost, and weight (lightest compared to the other two I was considering).

I hope this helps!

Last edited:

P-Lo801

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Question: I was able to use my stock lug nuts on my new aftermarket wheels. Should I stick with my OEM ones or buy new aftermarket lug nuts?

I'm not really sure about exact measurements when it comes to the stock lug nuts, but I know they're 21mm.

According to my manufacturer, I need 14x1.5 and that anything less than 19mm will work.

I'm inclined to go with aftermarket ones ino to have a lock key for added security. I'm also concerned whether or not there's a safety risk with not using the exact size.

Last edited:

emolas

Tesla Owner
Reservation
Country
Country
We have no real pictures (yet) but you can see a digital render on a Model 3 with our visualizer software (once you see the wheel image, just click on the little car icon below it).
First batch of the grey version shown will arrive in early August, we have now also added a Satin Black version that's expected sometime in late October or early November.
Thank you for reply!
Please show it here when the actual photo can be posted.
Is the grey version glossy Or matt?
Is this color like the gray turbine wheel of Model S?