Tesla Owners Online Forum banner
361 - 380 of 1,000 Posts
Unplugged Performance (the source of the copper orange wrap) is working on a lightweight 20" Model 3 wheel (they already have a couple others on their site)

For 6500 bucks they ought to be light. I might consider or recommend VS forged. they are about 22 pounds and they're only $2,600 for 4. Plus they do custom sizes including 20 by 10.5 if you like the staggered look. Plus they have a wide variety of styles something that unplugged does not offer. On the other hand if you're really looking to go light as possible, I haven't seen a wheel lighter than 19.3 pounds in 20 by 9.

Damn...I think I still have food in the fridge longer than you had this setup man :p

IMO If you think the 20's are going to solve the look of a non-lowered car you're going to be disappointed there, and not sure what you think they are going to do for your commute either. The reduced range and added weight of 20's from those light 19's will be noticed for sure... but hey we'll be here waiting to see the new set of shoes! ;)
Yeah... I think my issue here is the depth of the wheels. I may just sell wheels only and keep tires and go with wheels with no lip. It's not the 19" setup itself in my opinion the style of the wheel detracts from the size which I believe will only be resolved by lowering. The lip of the 19x9 is 3". I may search for a 19 such as the TSW Bathurst that will bring the size back.

Yeah... I think my issue here is the depth of the wheels. I may just sell wheels only and keep tires and go with wheels with no lip. It's not the 19" setup itself in my opinion the style of the wheel detracts from the size which I believe will only be resolved by lowering. The lip of the 19x9 is 3". I may search for a 19 such as the TSW Bathurst that will bring the size back.
I agree that the lip really frames the rim and makes them look 18" or less rather than 19". I don't think you need to go to 20" though. You and I both have 19" rims and the same size tires.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Wheel Vehicle Plant Car Tire

I agree that the lip really frames the rim and makes them look 18" or less rather than 19". I don't think you need to go to 20" though. You and I both have 19" rims and the same size tires.

View attachment 25246

View attachment 25247
is anyone selling either of the 2 designs above in an 18" version? i can find those in 19 but seems the 18" designs are rather limited

Well, after nearly a month's worth of research and reading, I finally pulled the trigger on my 19" wheels. I ended up going with Forgestar CF5V so it's hub centric and lightweight. Now I just have to decide on the tires.

Reactions: is2scooby
Well, after nearly a month's worth of research and reading, I finally pulled the trigger on my 19" wheels. I ended up going with Forgestar CF5V so it's hub centric and lightweight. Now I just have to decide on the tires.
So how about some details? 19X? Offset? Weight?

Kinda a pet peeve of mine that sites list all their sizes, call them lightweight and then don't list the damn weights! o_O

So how about some details? 19X? Offset? Weight?

Kinda a pet peeve of mine that sites list all their sizes, call them lightweight and then don't list the damn weights! o_O
I'm with you. I had to search and make sure the weight listed were for the same size I was looking to get: 19x8.5 et35 and 20lbs.

Reactions: NJturtlePower
is anyone selling either of the 2 designs above in an 18" version? i can find those in 19 but seems the 18" designs are rather limited
Here is the link to the wheels I have. They are available in 18x8.5 +40 which will fit perfectly. Please see my previous posts though regarding the looks and be aware that they my appear smaller visually due to the style.

https://www.tsw.com/alloy_wheels_avalon.php

Question about offset: Our OEM offset is 40. Does having a 32 or 35 offset have any significant impact on suspension geometry? I just ordered my wheels for a 35 offset and decided to change it to 32 for a slightly more flushed look, even though it's only a difference of 3mm.

If you don't change your suspension you'll be fine.
I will actually be installing the MPP coilovers tomorrow, and plan to lower it no more than inch.

In that case you will need an alignment.
I was definitely going to do that after the install. So an alignment will help minimize the effects of a lower offset?

361 - 380 of 1,000 Posts