Advice please to help get out scratch from wife’s purse hitting side of car

scherer326

Country
Country
Well I finally got my first scratch and saw it happen in real time (oh the humanity), I try to keep my car out of trouble but it was no match for my wife walking to close to the car and having the metal part of the purse accidentally rubbing up against the car. It doesn’t look to be a bad scratch and not deep but is noticeably to me. I even tried taking a picture but couldn’t get it to be viewable.

Looking for some advice on what product I might be able to use to help get rid of the scratch. Will be glad to order on amazon to give it a try. Also asking the person who usually cleans my car if he can try and buff it out but that probably won’t be till this weekend.

NR4P

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
It sucks to get that first scratch. Mine was from a bit or road debris. On drivers door so I had to see it every time I got into the car.
Tesla was out of stock of my color (Red) so I purchased from here. The standard kit worked well. Navigate the site, watch some videos. It's not hard.

https://www.drcolorchip.com/store/chip-repair-products.php

And I've used it since then and continue to be impressed by the color match.

Good luck

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Sorry to hear that happened. I fear my wife’s purse and rings as well! Do you have a picture of the damage?

scherer326

Country
Country
I tried taking a picture but it didn’t come out to show you guys. Someone else recommended maguires scratch x 2.0

Has anyone ever tried this?

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I tried taking a picture but it didn’t come out to show you guys. Someone else recommended maguires scratch x 2.0
If it's just a light scratch in the clear coat, then I would recommend polishing the area.

TeslaM3-KT

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If you can feel the scratch with your fingernail then it will require touch up paint. If you can't feel the scratch with your nail then a rubbing compound / polish like Meguiar's Ultimate Compound, Scratch X 2.0, 105/205, 3M Rubbing Compound, etc. should be able to remove it.

Jason@FreshStartDetail

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
I strongly recommend not experimenting with polishing paint on your beautiful new Tesla!!!!! There are about 9,000 things that can go wrong, and only 1 that can go right. Take it to a trusted professional, or if you insist on doing it yourself then go get a junk/scrap fender from a junkyard to practice.

SoFlaModel3

@Teslatunity
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

Has anyone ever tried this?
Before you take advise from anyone, I would say lets definitely see a picture. If a picture isn't possible, I would take it to a pro. I agree, don't start experimenting!

BigBri

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
General rule is if the scratch gets wet and it vanishes you should be able to use some compound to get it out. Any scratches I've had on my car about 10 seconds of compounding with a microfiber and it's gone.