Ads Becoming Too Much

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, five years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to more features on the site. We now offer yearly memberships too! For more information visit this page:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

EVmatch: the Airbnb of EV charging.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skione65

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Reservation
These ads on this forum are becoming a bit much and getting alittle crazy....the ads at the top initially only were ok to deal with (tolerable). However the fact that the ads are multiplying like rabbits in heat and have been moved to the body of the template is getting to be a bit much.
The fact that there’s an ad now after every fifth thread (i.e. ad.....five threads another ad....five threads another ad).... I mean really? I have to now weed through the ads to see the threads...then decide if I’m reading an add or a thread!?
I understand fully the need and cost of running a website but PLEASE already!

Ski

TrevP

TOO Founder / Technoking
Founder
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
The in-line ads on mobile we’re negatively affecting the experience since they load after the page and they tend to push content around. I noticed it too so I decided to remove them and it’s definitely better. I don’t think it will affect revenue that much so I’m ok with that

skygraff

re member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
The in-line ads on mobile we’re negatively affecting the experience since they load after the page and they tend to push content around. I noticed it too so I decided to remove them and it’s definitely better. I don’t think it will affect revenue that much so I’m ok with that

Thanks so much!

I visit the site on my mobile most of the time because I just need that fix while traveling. Ads were nowhere near as disruptive on my computer during rare laptop visits but I'm glad to hear it wasn't just my mobile that was having issues. Since it started at the bottom of the screen before hijacking the whole thing, I don't think smokeless tobacco was an inline ad, but I'm hoping there'll be no more leaf halo and really appreciate you looking into that.

Reactions: TrevP and garsh
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Tesla Owners Online © 2015-2021. All rights reserved.
    Tesla Owners Online (TOO) is an enthusiast forum and is not affiliated with Tesla Motors or Official Tesla Owners Clubs.
    All Tesla logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Tesla Motors.