Adding Autopilot Before Delivery

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

GaryW

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Hey everyone, I had a question mainly for the time prior to delivery. Lets say that you configure your car without autopilot, but decide few weeks before delivery that you would like the feature. Does anyone know if Tesla would allow you to add EAP since it's just a software update before or during delivery if you bring the money or do you have to get it after you have the car and go home. Wasn't sure if you could still pay $5000 if you requested it before you took the car home. Just curious if anyone has went through this.

Inochi

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Hey everyone, I had a question mainly for the time prior to delivery. Lets say that you configure your car without autopilot, but decide few weeks before delivery that you would like the feature. Does anyone know if Tesla would allow you to add EAP since it's just a software update before or during delivery if you bring the money or do you have to get it after you have the car and go home. Wasn't sure if you could still pay $5000 if you requested it before you took the car home. Just curious if anyone has went through this.
I have read you can add EAP and/or FSD at delivery at the lower cost. So doing it before seems possible.

WolfmanXII

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I'm sure this has been addressed in another thread, but I cannot find exactly what I'm looking for so need some help from you guys...was looking to add EAP to my config (ordered the M3 AWD on Sat 6/30; 1 week ago). Had cold feet about it so I went and test drove a Model S today, and wow...EAP is a game-changer! Is there anywhere that shows if the $500 change fee would be applied? I do see in the FAQ that you can incur a change fee after the 3 day config window, but many have mentioned that they have gotten it waived...was this waived automatically by changing the config online, or did you have to call and change the config w/ customer service to make sure there was no fee. Still see the "edit design" button so wondering if I should wait to call instead of jump on it on the website. Also, looks like they go by the original deposit/config date regarding the free premium connectivity package, so that is good news. But still haven't seen consistency on whether a change such as this would effect my delivery date or spot in line (just want to make sure it won't slip to '19). Not like it's a design edit, in which a delay would make more sense as they are sourcing materials. Thanks in advance for all of your help.

Digital man

Country
Country
I'm sure this has been addressed in another thread, but I cannot find exactly what I'm looking for so need some help from you guys...was looking to add EAP to my config (ordered the M3 AWD on Sat 6/30; 1 week ago). Had cold feet about it so I went and test drove a Model S today, and wow...EAP is a game-changer! Is there anywhere that shows if the $500 change fee would be applied? I do see in the FAQ that you can incur a change fee after the 3 day config window, but many have mentioned that they have gotten it waived...was this waived automatically by changing the config online, or did you have to call and change the config w/ customer service to make sure there was no fee. Still see the "edit design" button so wondering if I should wait to call instead of jump on it on the website. Also, looks like they go by the original deposit/config date regarding the free premium connectivity package, so that is good news. But still haven't seen consistency on whether a change such as this would effect my delivery date or spot in line (just want to make sure it won't slip to '19). Not like it's a design edit, in which a delay would make more sense as they are sourcing materials. Thanks in advance for all of your help.
I am looking for the same information, but 24 hrs later and no bites

HughManatee

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I called about this very thing and actually got through. But even the guy i talked to didn't know, and generally seemed pretty clueless (although did confirm i don't have a VIN yet). He said he assumed that if i added EAP online i wouldn't be charged the $500 since it's just software and it was within the first week. But he couldn't comment if it would affect my place in line. So, i didn't add it.

WolfmanXII

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Seems like everyone is getting different answers, so to explain what I just heard over the phone:

Looks like since it is just a software upgrade, adding EAP should not have any effect on your place in line and won't extend your delivery date. The service agent mentioned that if it were a change to a color/trim/etc he did not have a definitive answer if it would or wouldn't hurt your date. He sent a change request directly and said that I will not be charged the $500 change fee (again, as it is a software request), but I am unsure if that is the case if you would change it yourself online. It will also have no impact to you getting the free connectivity package, if your initial deposit was received prior to July 1. Also, mentioned that your date of reservation is not meaningless and should help your place in line, as opposed to the individuals who made reservations/configs within the past few weeks...so that is good news.

Umar Sear

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Given it's just a software configuration in Tesla's cloud, there should be no change fee. I would argue for that if it were me. I did get EAP with mine and think it's worth it. Wasn't too sure about full self drive since it's not currently available. I think Tesla should provide it at the discounted price for a short while when it's made available, asking to pay for it before it's made available is a bit unreasonable.

Forcelite

Country
Country
FYI if you change something within the config , like trade in , then it will let you edit your order and add eap. Also I have heard of people adding it for cost when picking up .
Force

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I added it after config, <1 week prior to taking delivery, with no penalty. Just email/call your Tesla delivery contact about it. If you don’t have one yet then wait or prepare to spend hours waiting to speak to reps over the phone... :rolleyes:

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
So I am scheduled for home delivery on Monday (11/5). My original plan was to add EAP after I got settled with the car. I wake up to learn that will cost me $7,000 now instead of $5,500.

My delivery advisor (DA) is hit or miss with returning emails and works Sunday through Thursday. Any suggestions or remedies for this issue? Can someone other than my DA help me? Will this delay my delivery? Just looking for some thoughts from those with experience or ideas from people in the same boat. Thanks!

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
So I called customer support and chose option > sales > delivery . I talked to Zach who is THE MAN! Genuinely loved Tesla and his job. So he said no problem to add EAP and told me it won’t delay my Monday home delivery appointment. He also added a referral code for me. He said if my account doesn’t show the changes by Monday morning to call and they can push the software change for me. Bingo!

I attempted to add EAP a couple months back (before VIN assignment) and held off because the Tesla rep told me it would delay delivery and at that time I was still worried about taking delivery with full tax benefit.. PROBLEM SOLVED!

Joining the Tesla Family on Monday!

MRinPDX

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Congrats Adam! And welcome to the club! I am wondering about those of us who were told when we got our cars that after delivery it would be $X, will that be whatever Tesla sets the price when we order? It was 5K at order and 6K post for EAP and 3K for FD and now it shows 7K and 5K respectively.

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Congrats Adam! And welcome to the club! I am wondering about those of us who were told when we got our cars that after delivery it would be $X, will that be whatever Tesla sets the price when we order? It was 5K at order and 6K post for EAP and 3K for FD and now it shows 7K and 5K respectively.
My understanding is that there is an unspecified but limited time that they will honor the price point at the time of your vehicle purchase. Meaning, if you want to take advantage of it, do it sooner than later.

HeavyPedal

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I've been trying to add EAP to our order, which is scheduled for delivery on Thursday, since last Wednesday afternoon. Our IDA doesn't respond to email or phone calls. I even called the 888 number, and 'Denise' advised me that the change needed to be made by the IDA, but took the time to send a DM to my IDA along with the request asking her to contact me.

Even crickets would be an improvement.