Adding a sunroof?

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

GTV6

Country
Country
i love sunroofs and doubt we will be seeing one offered on the 3 anytime soon. I’m wondering if it may be possible to replace the top glass panel with an opening section once the option is available. I suppose anything is possible with enough money. I’m unfamiliar with the current S roofs, so wondering if those may provide some insight.

SoFlaModel3

T≡SLATUNITY
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
i love sunroofs and doubt we will be seeing one offered on the 3 anytime soon. I’m wondering if it may be possible to replace the top glass panel with an opening section once the option is available. I suppose anything is possible with enough money. I’m unfamiliar with the current S roofs, so wondering if those may provide some insight.
I would say you’re right ... anything is possible with enough money.

Something tells me it’s really not worth it. Odds are it’s not going to look right, operate with ease, and become a risk for leaks and squeaks.

Ken Voss

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
If you like the feel of an open roof and if money is no object consider reserving a roadster

GTV6

Country
Country
If you like the feel of an open roof and if money is no object consider reserving a roadster
I was hoping to have a replacement for my polluting VW just a bit sooner :), carry my road bike inside the vehicle, and have enough left over to pay my mortgage. I’ll assume you are kidding about the Roadster being the answer for anything deficient in the 3.
Yes I know ‘it will leak’ is the easy response but I am assuming any eventual sunroof option is a simple drop in to replace the current fixed glass. Don’t know why the body structure would vary between the two options. Just seems possible if Tesla would offer the parts across the counter.