Acceleration Boost!!!

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Have you purchased the acceleration increase?

• Total voters

Collier007

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
What is that all about?
In 2019 Tesla ran a special where they offered FSD for $3k and then Elon tweeted that it would be $2k. Lots of people had a social media freak out that discounting FSD somehow made their cars worth less and so Tesla backed off the lower pricing, but said they would give a $1k refund to anyone who paid the $3k.

Long Ranger

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
In 2019 Tesla ran a special where they offered FSD for $3k and then Elon tweeted that it would be $2k. Lots of people had a social media freak out that discounting FSD somehow made their cars worth less and so Tesla backed off the lower pricing, but said they would give a $1k refund to anyone who paid the $3k.
Tesla didn’t offer a $1k refund to everyone who had previously paid $3k for FSD, did they? I thought it was just for orders during that week or two. I distinctly remember them saying at the time that they couldn’t offer a refund to everyone and instead those of us that ordered FSD in 2018 were supposed to get some kind of early access to software updates (which also never really happened, as far as I could tell).

Collier007

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Tesla didn’t offer a $1k refund to everyone who had previously paid $3k for FSD, did they? I thought it was just for orders during that week or two. I distinctly remember them saying at the time that they couldn’t offer a refund to everyone and instead those of us that ordered FSD in 2018 were supposed to get some kind of early access to software updates (which also never really happened, as far as I could tell).
You are correct, it was a very narrow window.

Kizzy

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I purchased the post-purchase FSD upgrade on February 28, 2019 for 3K USD. They still haven’t offered me a $1K USD refund. (I have not requested it despite repeated suggestions from forum members.)

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Your premise is correct, but don't recall that being the exact way it went down. I believe it was offered at $3K and some jumped on it and then it was lowered to $2K a day or two later. Those that jumped on early were after their $1K back. The sale was short lived and planned that way for another quick cash grab and to make up for the way it had been priced on some newer cars. To say the least it has never been that cheap and continues to get price bumps since.

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
See, here's where I don't like the verbiage. It's totally Tesla to do this, and then your car goes 3.9 where it went 4.1 before and Tesla would say "we told you 3.9 was the best", we didn't guarantee you 0.5 sec.

I would feel more comfortable saying "increase your 0-60 by 0.5" or better yet saying "we're giving you another XX kW peak power".
I totally feel like this too, they say they decreased peak power on the rear motor, so I hope we didnt kinda lose a little of the free «5% upgrade» if that makes sense, if we upgrade. If that makes sense.