Acceleration Boost!!!

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Have you purchased the acceleration increase?

• Total voters

GateFather

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I had it for almost a week now. Not just 0-60 drag time, even lane merge and freeway passing feels much faster than before, and before was not slow by any mean.
Went out for a drive and I agree. Not only does it clearly have more aggressive pull when punched from a stand-still, but it retained EVEN more of that immediately available torque in the 40-70 range.

EpsilonKore

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Interesting... my acceleration boost option disappeared on New Years Day, anyone else seeing this?
Also can't sign into Tesla.com owner login to check from there. Maybe site maintenance?
Hopefully? I was planning on buying the boost a little later this month :/

Last edited:
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
The timing of the appearance of this upgrade suggested it was an attempt to boost year end revenue. It may reappear close to end of another quarter or year if they think they need a bit of bump to hit some target.

RoccoX

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
It disappeared from my app but still shows when I login to my account. I am thinking/hoping that they just put it in the app as stated to drive revenue and removed it now that the 4th quarter push is over, but it will still be available via the webpage. I am waiting to see my bonus before I pull the trigger myself.

DocScott

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
The timing of the appearance of this upgrade suggested it was an attempt to boost year end revenue. It may reappear close to end of another quarter or year if they think they need a bit of bump to hit some target.
In the past, Tesla usually warns people a few days before the opportunity goes away. After all, if they want to drive revenue before some deadline, it helps to publicize the deadline!

Based on that, I doubt the upgrade opportunity has really gone away, although perhaps it will be less visible for a while.

EpsilonKore

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
It dissappeared from my webpage and is now back on my app... well it was, till I purchased it :cool:. I was kind of hoping for a "fire sale" like FSD had with a price drop. The fear of losing the option to update to an (almost) stealth P3D for the new year triggered me.

DocScott

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
In my case, I got lucky by not waiting. My original plan had been a SR+ with FSD. But my old car gave out in October of 2018, so I figured I had to buy then, and got the LR without EAP or FSD for about the same price I would have paid. That ended up being a great choice:

--Now that I've had a Model 3 for a while, I realize the extra range is important to me. I usually charge to 80% and get nervous below 100 miles left, so for daily driving I really only work within a range of about 180 miles. I had also originally been planning on putting in a 240 V charger, but ended up deciding just to charge off a regular 120 V, 15 A outlet. So I need a little buffer in range for that reason. I think if I'd bought the SR+ I'd feel more pressure to have sprung for the 240 V line.

--Super-punchy acceleration is not important to me. AWD is not crucial. So the RWD LR was perfect. And it's not sold any more! It turns out I had to buy pretty much when I did.

--I got the full tax credit--yay!

--I couldn't afford EAP when I bought, but then the fire sale came along, and I bought AP for $2k.

So somehow I ended up with the best value for me I could possible have managed. No way I could have planned that--I just bought when I needed a car, and happened to get a great combination for me.

Last edited:

Jason Krellner

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Yes, with Tesla it will always be better if you wait. That's a formula for never pulling the trigger. For me, life's too short.
Hey, I said wait... not never pull the trigger. For me, it's a battle between the logical side of my brain and the impulsive one. Eventually, one side always wins... and if it's the logical side that wins, it's usually because it's been convinced that spending the money was always the best, most logical option. Or something.

Rick Steinwand

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Hey, I said wait... not never pull the trigger. For me, it's a battle between the logical side of my brain and the impulsive one. Eventually, one side always wins... and if it's the logical side that wins, it's usually because it's been convinced that spending the money was always the best, most logical option. Or something.
The impulsive side always wins. It might not be today, and might not be tomorrow, but you have to sleep sometime.

stlgrym3

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
The impulsive side always wins. It might not be today, and might not be tomorrow, but you have to sleep sometime.
LOL, i totally agree. when the boost option came out i was like there's no way i'd be doing the upgrade for $2k. but then i started reading the reviews, watching youtube video, and finally i caved in.

stlgrym3

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
question for those who've upgraded. did you change your steering setting to sport? also for those who've upgraded and with oem 19" wheels, did you find it's necessary to upgrade the oem all season touring to a set of summer tire after the boost?

Klaus-rf

Top-Contributor
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
question for those who've upgraded. did you change your steering setting to sport? also for those who've upgraded and with oem 19" wheels, did you find it's necessary to upgrade the oem all season touring to a set of summer tire after the boost?
I've had steering effort on Sport since minute 3 on Day 1.

Still on the factory all-season tires.

Jason Krellner

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
I've had steering effort on Sport since minute 3 on Day 1.

Still on the factory all-season tires.
I also enjoy the Sport steering mode. Recently, after I switched to winter tires, I felt like the steering was loose. I checked, and it was still on Sport but definitely didn't feel right. I set it to normal for a while, then back to Sport and it went back to what I expect.

I'm thinking that I may get the boost upgrade when things thaw out in the Spring, but I have no plans to change the all season tires before they are worn out. Of course, when they do, I'll be getting sticky summer tires for sure (but I'd do that even without the boost mode).