Acceleration Boost!!!

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

• It's OK to discuss software issues here but please report bugs to Tesla directly at servicehelpna@teslamotors.com if you want things fixed.

Have you purchased the acceleration increase?

• Total voters

Kizzy

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
You have to have the "Dual Motor" badge first. I never got mine, and I'm sure others didn't either. I don't even want it now. But if I bought the boost, I'd somehow want it noted on the home screen as part of the vehicle description.
You’d probably need to ask for it at service at this point. On my first mobile service visit earlier this year, I asked for mine so they didn’t surprise me later by just putting it on the car.

nonStopSwagger

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Don't worry about the price, or what folks are getting that is cheaper for their cars today.

P90Ds in 2016 cost 120k if you added ludicrous. And that was not with every option Tesla offered at the time. P100Ds today loaded are 100k, and are faster, with better tech.

Tesla are going to have way better drivetrains in cars in a couple of years, for less money than we paid for our cars. Faster, more range, and probably cheaper. The non performance models will be faster than today's performance cars, and less money.

Mass produced cars are rarely going to appreciate in price, no matter what the folks selling them tell you.

bwilson4web

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
A Macintosh owner since 1985, I started with a 128 kb RAM, 3.5" floppy, M68000 CPU that cost $1.6 k. Over the years, each subsequent Mac came in at nearly the same price but the performance followed Moore's Law. Some early adopters took umbrage that they'd paid so much and others got so much more a year or two later. But we always pointed out, "You got an extra year or two of superior performance."

I appreciate the path-finders, the early adopters because you gave Tesla time to improve product and manufacturing. Rejoice that so many are following the path you trail blazed ... just as we keep the lights on for those who follow.

Bob Wilson

stlgrym3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Since after the boost upgrade there’s no more Standard mode. I assume everyone drives in the Sport mode after the upgrade. Do you notice the mileage gone down?

Wait4it

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
You have to have the "Dual Motor" badge first. I never got mine, and I'm sure others didn't either. I don't even want it now. But if I bought the boost, I'd somehow want it noted on the home screen as part of the vehicle description.
My Dual motor badge was never placed on as well. I ended up getting it from the Tesla service center and stuck it in a box and it sits in my closet. I like the minimalist look of the rear for the Tesla without the badge.

stlgrym3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
How long do you get the upgrade after you paid for it? My cars been parked in my garage with WiFi connected for the last 3 hours.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
How long do you get the upgrade after you paid for it? My cars been parked in my garage with WiFi connected for the last 3 hours.
I don't have it, nor did I buy it, but most reports are it happens pretty quick. Check on your screen to see if your driving mode has changed to Sport.

stlgrym3

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
tried the boosted Model 3 this morning to work. it is raining heavily in LA, so i did not go wild during the commute, but the butt dyno definitely shows the improvement in acceleration. i did notice the mileage dipped a bit after the boost. my car was charged at 80% every morning when i head out, it's 15 miles between my home and work, but this morning the mileage display showed it used up 20 miles during the same commute. i just punched it twice for 2-3 seconds during the commute, not sure if that's normal.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
tried the boosted Model 3 this morning to work. it is raining heavily in LA, so i did not go wild during the commute, but the butt dyno definitely shows the improvement in acceleration. i did notice the mileage dipped a bit after the boost. my car was charged at 80% every morning when i head out, it's 15 miles between my home and work, but this morning the mileage display showed it used up 20 miles during the same commute. i just punched it twice for 2-3 seconds during the commute, not sure if that's normal.
The extra use is likely due to the water on the road. Wet roads, wind and other weather elements like that can hit the mileage hard.

Tchris

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
For those still debating whether or not to purchase the acceleration boost upgrade, here are my before and after Dragy Run times. My ”after upgrade” dead stop 0-60 time was exactly .5 seconds better than the “before upgrade” time. I have the 19” Sport wheels with about 19,000 miles. The improved acceleration was quite noticeable to me and I couldn’t be happier with my purchase.