Acceleration Boost!!!

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

Have you purchased the acceleration increase?

• Total voters

PaulT

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Means two things:
-The reliability of our drivetrain must be proving phenomenal!!!
-I am more solidified in never buying another car brand!!!

For such an expensive investment, I think it is unacceptable that other manufacturers just let their products slowly waste away from that moment you buy and drive off the lot. Thank you Tesla for keeping us excited about our car and continuously improving it through time!

eXntrc

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Loving the idea of yet another significant performance boost. But as someone who paid top dollar for absolutely every upgrade I could put on the car when I bought it (Dual Motor, Performance Package, Premium Interior, EAP then FSD) I can't help feeling a little put out here with a paid upgrade for more performance.

To PaulIT's point, if this is Tesla deciding that the drivetrain is capable of more stress than initially thought, awesome. But that's why I bought the performance edition in the first place. That drivetrain is already in the car, and we're not talking about adding new parts in order to achieve this performance.

Can anyone help me find perspective on why I should be OK with paying an additional $2,000 on top of what Iv'e already paid for this upgrade?

rrollens

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Loving the idea of yet another significant performance boost. But as someone who paid top dollar for absolutely every upgrade I could put on the car when I bought it (Dual Motor, Performance Package, Premium Interior, EAP then FSD) I can't help feeling a little put out here with a paid upgrade for more performance.

To PaulIT's point, if this is Tesla deciding that the drivetrain is capable of more stress than initially thought, awesome. But that's why I bought the performance edition in the first place. That drivetrain is already in the car, and we're not talking about adding new parts in order to achieve this performance.

Can anyone help me find perspective on why I should be OK with paying an additional $2,000 on top of what Iv'e already paid for this upgrade?
Great points. Guess we will have to see what the benefit of spending $2000.00 more on our P3D will be.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

You won't have an option already having a P. You already got a bump a month or so back (5% included in your paid up front price), your value has already increased. This will be for AWD owners that want a stealth P.

FRC

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
You won't have an option already having a P. You already got a bump a month or so back (5% included in your paid up front price), your value has already increased. This will be for AWD owners that want a stealth P.
Another slap in the face for those of us that paid large up front. I purchased a Stealth P3D. And I guarantee, I paid MUCH more than $2000 to upgrade from AWD.

Johnston

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
No sir. With the original Stealth, Big brakes, rear spoiler, 20" wheels and performance pedals were not included.
Most posts I've seen with people deciding on AWD or stealth said the diff was $2000.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Another slap in the face for those of us that paid large up front. I purchased a Stealth P3D. And I guarantee, I paid MUCH more than $2000 to upgrade from AWD.
And those that know how to buy and sell this stock at the right time thank you.

GDN

TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
As it stands today is there any differeence between a full P and a stealth P on 0 to 60 times? I'm aware of the other differences, but truly pure acceleration and speed, is there any difference and do you think this $2K bump will get aregular AWD to the same speed as a full P?