About to order a Model 3 Performance. A few questions...

xxaarraa

Tesla Owner
No
Country
Country
Hello,

I am considering ordering a fully loaded Model 3 performance in Dallas and have the following questions. I'd really appreciate some thoughts from folks who own Teslas and have gone through this before.

• If I order in the next few days (before end of September 2018), do I have a reasonable chance of still getting the car delivered before 12/31/18 so I can get the full $7500 tax credit? I intend to get a fully loaded Model 3 performance.
    • Are there any specific option packages that are likely to delay the build? e.g., the Raptor I ordered last year would have been delayed months if I wanted specific interior trim packages.
    • I know they keep extending it, but am I still likely to get the lifetime supercharging if I order a Model 3 Performance now?
    • How reasonable are the trade-in values? I have a fully loaded C7 Corvette that I intend to trade-in, so what can I expect relative to KBB trade-in values?
    • Do they charge you sales tax only on the difference between trade-in and MSRP on the new Tesla? That's how it is for other cars, but just checking since Tesla's trade-in sounds a little weird.
Thanks a lot, look forward to joining the community.

Last edited by a moderator:

TrevP

TOO Founder / Administrator
Founder
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I'll take a stab:

• Given the limited production of P3D I think you'll be OK to get one in time.
  • At this time if you order every option you should be OK to get it. Tesla is in full $$$ mode right now
  • Lifetime free Supercharging is gone on all cars EXCEPT for inventory cars sold until the end of the month. Otherwise you're in the 400kWh allowance per year and an extra free $100 SC credit if you buy using a code (you can use mine if you PM me using the conversation feature on the board here)
  • Trade-ins from Tesla are very low. They really don't want your car and will send them off to auction. Best to get a quote from Carmax etc.. and see if they will match it.
  • I think most states allow for a trade-in tax allowance. Check with Tesla but that's the way it works in Canada... but since you're in Texas things might be different given Tesla isn't allowed to sell direct there.

kort677

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
There are two things that I can say regarding the questions, the first is that you would more than likely get a better price for your car selling it to someone other than tesla and I am in FLA and I placed my order for a similar car on 8/21 and it was delivered on 9/15. Tesla will not guarantee any delivery date but recently they have been being delivered very quickly

kort677

Top-Contributor
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
I don't know if free supercharging for the 3 is available using a referral code, but if can be had by using a code I would be happy to share mine with you

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country

VoltageDrop

Tesla Owner
Model 3
Country
Country
Inquired with Tesla through email about why my PM3 (which qualified for free lifetime supercharging at time of purchase) now says pay-per-use in my Tesla account.....was told it was a glitch that they are aware of and will be fixed soon in a future update.......but also was given info about the supercharger breakdown (I am assuming it is for the PM3 because that is what I have and what the body of the email I sent them was about

-if you ordered prior to 7/31/18....unlimited supercharging
-if you ordered between 8/1 and 9/18/18....and have a referral code..... unlimited supercharging
-if you ordered after 9/18/18.....and have a referral code...... $100 supercharging credit (not sure if this is a one time credit or recurring???......not specified in the email)