A possible new Tesla owner (Model 3) !

• SUPPORT THE SITE AND ENJOY A PREMIUM EXPERIENCE!
    Welcome to Tesla Owners Online, four years young! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of TOO. We now offer yearly memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://teslaownersonline.com/account/upgrades

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
    Did you know we have a YouTube channel that's all about Tesla? Lots of Tesla information, fun, vlogs, product reviews, and a weekly Tesla Owners Online Podcast as well!

SoFlaModel3

TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Thanks everyone! We are now the proud owner's of the #89 Model 3 ! THIS CAR IS AMAZING!!!!!

He had the Aero Wheel vinyl wrapped in red. I am not a huge fan and neither is my wife but we took the Aero's off and the wheels underneath look GREAT! I just need to figure out a way to protect the lugs, they are pretty exposed without the Aero caps on them. Suggestions anyone?

I am going to go post and introduce myself in the introduction forum. Here's a few pics!
View attachment 4760 View attachment 4761 View attachment 4762 View attachment 4759
Congrats!!!

You are very lucky right now! With most all Model 3’s currently listed for sale at a steep premium you were able to cut the line and not pay a premium. Did I mention I’m jealous ;)

garsh

Dis Member
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
He had the Aero Wheel vinyl wrapped in red. I am not a huge fan and neither is my wife but we took the Aero's off and the wheels underneath look GREAT!
You could always just pull off the vinyl yourself.
I just need to figure out a way to protect the lugs, they are pretty exposed without the Aero caps on them. Suggestions anyone?
I think you basically have two choices:
  1. Lug nut caps. These are little plastic or rubber covers for the nuts. You can find all sorts of different colors on Amazon or Ebay. And they're pretty inexpensive ($6 - $20 on Amazon for a set of 20). A bit of a pain when it's time to change or rotate your wheels though.
  2. New lug nuts. This isn't very expensive either ($16-$30 on Amazon for a set of 20). I think this is the way to go, given that it doesn't cost much more than the caps.

Love

Tesla Quad Cities
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3
Thanks everyone! We are now the proud owner's of the #89 Model 3 ! THIS CAR IS AMAZING!!!!!

He had the Aero Wheel vinyl wrapped in red. I am not a huge fan and neither is my wife but we took the Aero's off and the wheels underneath look GREAT! I just need to figure out a way to protect the lugs, they are pretty exposed without the Aero caps on them. Suggestions anyone?

I am going to go post and introduce myself in the introduction forum. Here's a few pics!
View attachment 4760 View attachment 4761 View attachment 4762 View attachment 4759
Good deal!!! May it bring you many years of happiness and enjoyment!!

As for the wheels, @PTFI has you covered:
https://teslaownersonline.com/threads/model-3-owner.4964/page-12#post-50336

ghoticov

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model Y
Congrats!!!

You are very lucky right now! With most all Model 3’s currently listed for sale at a steep premium you were able to cut the line and not pay a premium. Did I mention I’m jealous ;)
Yea, I figured I would just have to get in line and just wait until 2019 because seeing the prices that people were asking for them was just crazy! I feel very fortunate, that's for sure.

ghoticov

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model Y
You could always just pull off the vinyl yourself.I think you basically have two choices:
  1. Lug nut caps. These are little plastic or rubber covers for the nuts. You can find all sorts of different colors on Amazon or Ebay. And they're pretty inexpensive ($6 - $20 on Amazon for a set of 20). A bit of a pain when it's time to change or rotate your wheels though.
  2. New lug nuts. This isn't very expensive either ($16-$30 on Amazon for a set of 20). I think this is the way to go, given that it doesn't cost much more than the caps.
Thank you very much for the reply, I will look into both. It makes sense to me to just get new lug nuts also at this point.

ghoticov

Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model Y

Ken Voss

Top-Contributor
TOO Supporting Member
Country
Country
Tesla Owner
Model 3

Congrats on that ruby red beauty and I agree with you on the wheels

Kbm3

Country
Country
Tesla employees get access to deeply discounted MS/MX that are basically “refurbished” or for whatever reason couldn’t be delivered without going back to the factory to fix. These cars are not available to the general public and are snatched up quickly by employees. For them, they could basically get a nicer car with free supercharging for the same price (if not cheaper) than a loaded Model 3.
There are many ways in which the Model 3 is nicer. To me, it comes down to personal preference.